Sunday, May 11, 2008

Alabama Adventures & Marvelous Mothers Day!

Thanks to the Bagley Family for the most wonderful time in Alabama!

First of all, Aubrey was a little dream girl on all of our flights. There was lots of playing, sleeping & cuddling - but absolutely no tears. (I wish I could say the same about her behavior while in Alabama.)

The Bagley's were such great hosts. We had sooooo much fun!

DAY 1

We arrived to a really fun greeting at the airport. Karen, Thomas, Kaylyn, Tyler & Katie were all excitedly waiting for us! Once we got to their home, Dane was home from work and awaiting our arrival. We got a tour of their beautiful home and played in the backyard for a bit. Then we had a wonderful dinner. We tried giving Katie and Aubrey a bath together - but they were a little shy and didn't enjoy it much. Then Aubrey got to open a fun birthday present from the Bagley's. They got her a musical card - since Aubrey likes music so much, and toddler crayons and markers. (She played with them today and loved them!)








DAY 2


We spent the morning playing both inside and out and the afternoon shopping. That evening Kaylyn gave us a really good family home evening lesson on Daniel and the Lion's Den that she prepared herself! Then we went to their beautiful, new outdoor mall. We took a little stroll, rode a carousel & had ice-cream. Aubrey had her first taste of ice-cream and absolutely loved it! She kept grabbing my cone and pushing it up to her mouth. We were both quite sticky afterward!
















DAY 3


We went to a the Children't museum. The kids had such a fun time. I think this was Aubrey's favorite part of the trip. They have a talking tree there, a play fish pond, puppet show area, pretend grocery store and farm, a climbing area, & water fountains to play in. Thomas, Kaylyn and Tyler were real sweet and entertained the babies the whole time. They put on puppet shows, played grocery store and farm. Tyler gathered all of the ducks for Aubrey - because he knew that ducks were her favorite. Aubrey actually went to Kaylyn for a few minutes without crying! This was an amazing feat - cause she was very clingy the whole trip.















DAY 4

There was a tornado warning this day. Karen got a call from Tyler's preschool that he needed to be picked up early. After she returned home she found out that the older kids school was also closing early - so she went and picked Thomas and Kaylyn up as well. We made chocolate chip cookies and played clue. While playing we heard alarms ringing through the streets. They are a warning that a tornado is on it's way. That was pretty scary. But, we checked the news and it wasn't headed towards us, thankfully or we would have had to hang out in the closets! After the storm past we went for a walk to the school and played on the playground.



DAY 5

Dane only works half day on friday - so we went to the Space and Rocket center. It was really fun. They not only have educational information on Rockets and space travel, but a rock wall to climb, playground, and some rides. It was a really neat place. Aubrey warmed up to Karen and actually went to her a few times!! Hurray! Afterwards, we went to a yummy southern BBQ. I ate way too much - but every bite was delicious! We returned home and packed up for our trip back home. Then Dane, Karen and I played clue and Wii. And I won both Clue and the wii bowling! Hurray for me!















Thanks again Bagley's for showing us a wonderful time in Alabama.


MOTHER'S DAY

So, Aubrey & I get home on Saturday evening. I expect that Jeff has spent his week relaxing and taking a break himself. Instead, I come home to freshly painted hall and entry way walls and new baseboards. Jeff spent the whole week working on the walls as a mother's day surprise for me! What a very sweet husband, and an awesome surprise. He also had flowers waiting for me.

Today he watched Aubrey so I could have a much needed and wonderful afternoon nap. Then he made a scrumptious dinner for me. We had Steak, twice baked potatoes, corn on the cob, garlic bread and salad. I had the best mother's day! I love you Jeff - thanks for all of the wonderful surprises!





My Mom


I just wanted to wish my Mom a happy mother's day! Thanks mom for all you do for me. You have always put your family first and served us unselfishly. I have always known that you love me and that you delight in my accomplishments. Thanks for being the best mom ever! I love you!



My Mother-In-Law

Happy Mother's Day to you also! Thank you for always making me feel loved and part of the family! You have always been so kind to me! Thanks for also adoring our little Aubrey. I love that you want to hear all of the stories and see all of the pictures! We can't wait to see you next month! We love you!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love your blog. One of these days I am going to figure out how to do it so cool For now I am glad to be able to do more than 5 pictures. We had a great time. Thank you for coming. Also how awesome is Jeff. That is so sweet. I also agree that sleep is great on Mother's day.

Shannon said...

SO FUN!! You guys look like you had a blast! I love that aubrey will have a girl cousin so close in age with her. I love it when the cousins play together!
Great Pictures, I especially love the one of you and Karen and Thomas on teh Ride...He looks Freaked! Haha
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! Jeff Freakin Rocks, that's like the best gift ever!

Lyndee W. said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the picture of Aubrey at the children's museum with her adorable chubby cheeks and sparkling eyes! Everytime I see her smile my heart skips a beat! Looks like you had a fun trip to Alabama and an awesome Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

theonly thing nicer than licking a babypussy clean in the tub is licking 2 clean, once you get the taste of baby you always crave it