Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Disney on Ice

This following story is a bit sappy - so consider yourself forewarned!

About 7 years ago Jeff and I went to Disney on Ice for Valentines. (We wanted to go to some kind of show and that was the only thing going on in Sacramento. And I have to admit that I really like Disney Princesses.) While we were there I saw all of these darling little girls dressed up as princesses. It was just so cute. I wished that I had a little princess of my own to bring to the show. As we were walking into the show on Saturday, I saw all of the princesses walking around and it brought me back to that moment 7 years earlier. I looked over at my 2 beautiful girls in their princess dresses and started getting all teary eyed and emotional as I realized that my wish from many years earlier had been granted! And not only did I have 1 princess but I had 2 of my very own.

The day we were looking forward to arrived on Saturday. Aubrey hadn't gotten into Princesses quite yet. I told her that we were going to see some Princesses in an ice show. She started calling it "Princess on Ice" and was totally into Princesses from that point on. Anytime she saw a Disney Princess she would say, "Maybe we'll see that Princess in the Princess show."

After I did Aubrey's hair on Saturday - Brooke couldn't take her eyes off of her. It was too cute. She must have thought that she looked so pretty! Daddy also was impressed with her Cinderella do. Aubrey really did look so darling - the pictures don't do her justice. She was much prettier in person.

It also was so fun pulling out Aubrey's Snow White dress from her first Halloween. I thought Brooke looked just darling in it!

Aren't my princesses just so pretty!?

Daddy & his girls waiting for the show to begin.



Aubrey with the Princess castle behind her. It was really cool, because they rotated the castle with each princess so it looked like their castle.

The show finally began. Aubrey's eyes never left the stage for even a moment. She was completely mesmerized!

Brooke had moments of being really interested and other times not so much. But, she did pretty good. We never had to leave the show.

Brooke wanted to watch the show and drink her bottle at the same time!

Mommy and her mini princess!

Here are some fun shots of the first half of the show.

Aubrey loved the Mickey, Minnie & Goofy were in the show. She's a big fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

During half time we asked Aubrey what her favorite part of the show was. She said, "Seeing all of the princesses." We told her there would be more princesses after the break.

I sat Brooke next to Aubrey to try and take a pic of them together. Aubrey turned to Brooke and said all excitedly, "Brookie there's going to be more princesses after the break!" I thought it was so cute that she wanted to share her excitement with her sister!

Once again, Aubrey was mesmerized by the second half of the show.

The whole second half was dedicated to Cinderella.

When Cinderella showed up to the ball in her gown - Aubrey got really excited.

This is her pointing out that she looks like Cinderella.

It was a really fun show. I am glad that I got to go with Jeff and my little princesses.

6 comments:

Chanté said...

I'm so jealous! My mom offered to take all of my sisters and our daughters but I thought Brecken would be too young to sit still long enough! I'm so bummed! You have the most adorable little princess around too!

Anonymous said...

These are such sweet pictures of your sweet little girls!

Michelle & Trevor said...

Hey! You have a blog! It's good to hear you guys are doing so well! Your daughters have the cutest cheeks in the whole world!

Summer Carlile said...

They look so darling, I want little princesses too!

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to do with your girls. I went to a disney on ice show years ago, and loved it. I'm just dying for the chance to go again sometime, and it will be so fun to take kiddos along. Fun memories!

Nelson Family said...

So adorable! I absolutely LOVE those princess dresses!!