Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jeff's a Citizen

Today Jeff officially became a citizen of the United States of America. He was sworn in at a ceremony this morning. I didn't expect the ceremony to be as nice as it was. I even got teary eyed. There were some really cute first grade kids who did a little program for us. They sang several patriotic songs and told us why they were glad to be Americans. They also had a welcome video from President Bush and a musical slide show of America with the song, "I'm Proud to be an American." And of course the candidates all rose there arm and repeated the oath. After the ceremony we went straight to the Post Office so Jeff could apply for a passport. Cross your fingers that it will come really soon, so we can go on a trip to Canada. Then we had a celebration lunch at PF Changs. Congratulations Jeff for becoming an American!

6 comments:

Keri said...

Way to roll on your fellow Canadians Jeff! I'm not sure if they'll let you back in at the border! All joking aside - Congratulations, this is a wonderful Country! I'd give it a try, but I'm still trying the memorize the handbook! P.S. - I want the Canadian sugar cookie recipe back now!

Angelina Christina said...

Congradulations Jeff!!!! That's awesome. I am learning how hard it is to become a citizen-my uncle is also Canadian and working on citizenship. So do you have dual-citizenship or are you just an American now?

Haro Family said...

Congratulations Jeff! I am so happy for you! I still like Canadians, though. Every Canadian I have met has been awesome.

I'm sorry that this is the first comment I have made on your blog, even though I have been reading your blog for months. Now that I have my own blog, I realize how fun it is to recieve comments.

First of all, let me say that you have the most adorable family! Aubrey is SO CUTE (yes, you and Jeff are cute too)! I love all the pics you have posted. It is so wonderful to know what is going on with your family. Reading your blog makes me feel like I'm there.

The kids and I are going to be in ST George the week you are in Canada. Then we will be in SLC on Sat & Sunday,June 15 and fly home the next morning (I had to get the cheapest fare). So, I don't know if I will be able to see you:( Keep me posted about your travel plans.

I miss you and love you all bunches!

Esther Attridge said...

Congrats - my friend buy you'll always be a Canuck to me :)

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!
That sounded like quite the Ceremony! I love this Country!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to one of the newest citizens of the United States of America!