Sunday, November 23, 2008

I can Dress Myself

The other morning while I was taking a bath, Aubrey shut herself in her room. She is not quite tall enough to open the door herself yet. So, she ended up stuck in their until I was done. She has done it a few times before and usually occupies herself by emptying the entire contents of her dresser onto the floor. So, when I finished and went to check on her I fully expected to see a pile of clothing. Instead I only saw a few items of clothing on the floor and Aubrey sitting on the floor with a pair of her jeans with one of the legs pulled all the way up her leg. She looked up at me and said, "bye bye". The Aubrey interpretations means "Mom, I want to go Bye Bye, so I am putting my clothes on so we can go somewhere." It was so cute. So, after snapping a picture of course, I headed back to my room to continue getting ready. A few moments later, Aubrey comes running in with the shirt that matched the jeans on her head. She was real excited and wanted me to take a picture of that too!

I finished crocheting my first hat today! Rachel was nice enough to teach me how to do it. I think it turned out pretty cute! Aubrey was not being real cooperative during the photo taking though!

After church today, Aubrey ran into her room and shut the door. Jeff and I were preparing some lunch so we just let her be. When I went to go get her for lunch she looked so cute sitting with her doggy (who is still sick by the way - and we have to nurse him back to health everyday!) and reading her stories.

Aubrey's dog is about the same size as she is, and she just loves carrying him around the house. I think she looks so cute lugging her huge dog around.

5 comments:

Chanté said...

She is such a doll! And I love her hat...and I HAVE TO HAVE ONE! Can I pay you to make me one?! Email me a yay or nay at freckledfamily@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Aubrey is such an adorable toddler...what cute little antics she's up to! I love to crochet...I wish I was still around so you could show me how to make those hats...they are too cute! Sigh... Anyway, hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Lyndee W. said...

She is getting so big. Such a cutie-pie!

Anonymous said...

Very cute hat! She is such a smartie!! That will be so helpful that she can dress herself when the little one comes:)

Keri said...

What a smart little whipper snapper! And the hat is wonderful - nice job! Thanks for the Spud recipe, I'm planning on making them next week, so I'll let you know how they turn out.