Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mysterious Remote

Yesterday Aubrey took the TV remote from our bedroom and took it into the living room. I didn't notice it until I had put her down for a nap and then sat down to have some lunch. Since, I had just sat down I didn't want to have to get up and put it back, so planned on doing it later. Well, of course I forgot about it. Later in the afternoon I remembered about the remote and went back to retrieve it, but it was gone. I figured it was somewhere in the house and I'd run into it during the course of the day. Well, as we were getting ready for bed, Jeff went to turn on the TV in the back and noticed it was gone. I told him where I saw it last and he went on a search for it. He searched and searched and searched, but it was no where to be found. This morning Aubrey and I searched for it for a bit but then had to head out for her doctor's appointment. When we returned we continued our search, but came up with nothing. I put her down for her nap, had a bite to eat, and then laid on the couch for a little nap myself. While I was napping Jeff came home for lunch. He immediately said, "Hey where did you find the remote?" I looked down and told him that it was the other remote on the couch next to me. He then pointed to the floor, out in full view, the remote was just sitting there! That couldn't be possible - but there it was, just laying there where anybody could see it. Now you would think I would be excited and relieved. Instead I was confused and felt an emptiness inside for these reasons:

1. We had both wondered where that elusive hiding spot Aubrey hid the remote was. We were looking forward to finding the hiding place.

2. I was excited for the moment when one of us would find it and get to yell out to the other, "I found it!" and then proceed to tell where it was and how we could have missed it during all of our searching.

3. How could it possibly show up in the middle of the floor while both Aubrey and I where napping? Right before I put her down, we were looking for the remote and she was near me the whole time. Surely, I would have noticed her carrying it around or it falling out of it's hiding spot!

Well, at least it is found - but the questions will just loom in my head forever more (or at least for the next few days until we forget all about it).

Here is what we have been up to this week!

Before Aubrey was born we were told by many parents that babies sleep for 12 hours at night and take a 3 hour nap. Aubrey, was not given that memo! She goes to bed at 7:30, but almost always wakes at 6. (For those of you who know how much of a morning person I am not, will surely feel very sorry for me.) And nap time has finally increased to 2 hours, but it took a long time to even get that long. Well, one morning last week, Aubrey actually slept in until 7:30! It was the best morning of my life! (or at least the last 18 months!) I was hoping the trend would continue - but alas we are back to 6 am. Anyway, usually when she wakes we just get her a bottle and lay her in between us to drink it so we can try to get a little more shut eye - or at least rest some. Well, since she woke at a reasonable hour, we were both out of bed. So, instead of laying between us, she wandered around the house drinking her bottle. It was sooo cute that I just had to take a picture!

On Monday, Aubrey and I made puppets. They had some really cute kits at Walmart that were pull and stick. Perfect amount of difficulty for my little bug. She really enjoyed making her puppy & kitty puppets and then wearing them around during the day.

Isn't my puppy puppet sooo cute!

Look, one on each hand!

We babysat Zoe one day last week. When I got her a snack, she ran to the table and climbed onto the chair. So, of course Aubrey had to sit at a chair as well. The other day I got Aubrey a cookie to eat and she went right to the chair to sit at it. I thought she looked so cute sitting on a big person chair!

I love this little outfit I got for her, especially the sweater.

Reading her new book to her new stuffed Jack'O'Lantern from Grandma & Grandpa Buell

Lately Aubrey thinks it is so funny to take the kitchen towel off of the oven door, put it on her head and walk around the house. She has only ran into the wall once!

The computer is definitely Aubrey's favorite toy (too bad it's not a toy!) We try and keep the door to the office closed when we are not in there. But, sometimes we forget. If it gets too quiet in the house, I know exactly where that little monkey is. She climbs onto the chair, pulls out the keyboard and starts typing away. She is obsessed with videos of Jeff's Halloween monsters and so that is what she is trying to find when she gets on the computer. As soon as we get back there, she'll make her monster sounds so that one of us will put the video on for her. What a character!

Nursery Success! Last Sunday, Aubrey stayed in nursery the whole time without Jeff in there with her. Because of the time change, she did get tired at the end and her teachers said she pouted and teared up for a few minutes and then sat on her teacher's lap and fell asleep. That was only for the last few minutes of class though. The rest of the time she did perfectly fine. I am honestly so shocked by how well she is doing. Anyone who knows how clingy Aubrey has been with me will understand my complete bewilderment. She does have great teachers - so I am sure that has helped. Also, Jeff subbing in there for a few months and Aubrey getting to go with him must have done the trick. Knock on wood that she continues to enjoy nursery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a bit strange what happened to your remote! I wish the nursery transition could be so easy for everyone, count your blessings:)

Haro Family said...

I have been out of the loop and haven't looked any any blogs for weeks! I'm glad I finally got a chance to catch up on your family. Wow, your family is so cute! You guys are amazing--all that you did for Halloween! Looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing your lives with us! Heather, I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I've been thinking about your family and miss you all tons!