Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just for you Dad

My dad was concerned that I hadn't posted for an entire week! So I thought I'd do an update for him.

Last Sunday I was painting Aubrey's nails. Brooke came in and watched rather curiously. When I was done, I asked her if she wanted hers painted too. She shook her head "yes" and came over. She liked having her nails painted and anytime she noticed them all week, she showed me her pretty nails.


Aubrey wanted to take a picture of Brooke's nails too.


I now have two little "helpers" in the kitchen. Their favorite part is licking the bowl and spoon when we make dessert.




Brooke found daddy's keys and went right to the door to "unlock" it.


I don't even know how she knows about keys. We always come in through the garage, so I can't even think of a time she has seen us open the door with a key.


Brooke is LOVING her car she got for her birthday. She'll point at the garage door and say, "Car Car" until I bring it in for her.


Here she is watching a "drive in movie".


She loves to play with Aubrey's dishes. She'll show me a pot and say, "hot".


I love seeing her walk around the house - I think brand new walkers are just the cutest thing ever!


Brooke has figured out stools. When she wants to help or get at something, she'll do her best to push a stool over. Then she wants to participate in the action.



Brooke is now giving voluntary kisses and hugs. It's so sweet. She will just walk up to Aubrey and give her a kiss or hug. Aubrey loves it too. Before it was just Aubrey giving the hugs and Brooke wasn't always a willing recipient. One time Brooke leaned in for a hug and Aubrey gave her a big hug back. Then Aubrey said, "Mommy Mommy, I gave Brooke a big hug, and she didn't even cry!" Too cute.


Brooke is really loving books lately. I'm happy because she was slower to become interested in them than Aubrey was. The other day she was reading stories to herself. She was pointing at the words and making a babbling sound. She has one story that is pictures of babies and different emotions or situations. She was turning the pages and able to identify the emotion of several of the pages. She also has a story that has you point out different body parts. She went through that book and was pointing out the body parts on the correct pages without me reading them to her.

Aubrey really like reading Brooke stories. She has several small books memorized that she likes to read Brooke. I tried to get a video of one today, but of course Brooke only cooperated for a short time.



Last Sunday at lunch Aubrey asked if she could say the prayer when we left for church. I told her that she could and asked her if she would pray for the primary children who were speaking and singing. A couple hours later as we were leaving for church and Aubrey was saying the prayer, she remembered all on her own and prayed for the primary children. It was really sweet. During the Primary presentation Jeff said that Aubrey watched the whole time. She was especially excited when her friend Zoe gave her speaking part. Towards the end, Aubrey had to go to the bathroom. Jeff was planning on just staying in the lobby until it was over. But Aubrey said, "Dad I want to go back in and see those primary kids. They are so cute!" She is looking forward to being able to participate in the Primary program next year!

1 comment:

John and Ann Tolman said...

I love your blogs too! Has the big Halloween decorating begun? Can't wait for that blog!