Thursday, August 28, 2008

A week in the life of Aubrey

So Aubrey has now given up crawling pretty much entirely. She toddles all over the house. It is so cute. I love that she can wander off and find things to do on her own. So far, she hasn't gotten into trouble. I wonder how long that will last! She almost always is carrying around one of her stuffed animals. It is exactly what I imagined a little toddler girl doing.






I am a little worried about the upcoming cold weather. Aubrey loves being outside and gets real cranky if she is cooped up inside all day. I am going to have to think up some fun little outings we can do in the winter. Any ideas anyone?



So Aubrey's favorite thing to do outside now is to pick the cherry tomatoes. The minute we go outside she heads straight for them. I was even able to prepare dinner and watch her through the kitchen window as she occupied herself with this task this evening. It was cute seeing her out there by herself. Not the least bit concerned that mommy wasn't with her. Maybe we are making progress in the separation anxiety department.

The last couple of months Aubrey has been climbing into a planter in the backyard and using it as a sandbox. She is too funny. She likes to pick out all of the rocks and hand them to me. She even says rock now (raw is how she pronounces it). We decided that next spring we will make her a sandbox. I wish we would have thought of it this year!

So, I bought Aubrey some cheap little necklaces last week. They are by far the best $2 purchase I have ever made! She will play with them for hours. She puts them on and takes them off and sorts them and carries them around the house. After she puts them on she will either find me and pose for me so I will tell her how pretty she looks, or she will go to the full length mirror and admire herself. She just cracks me up!

Aubrey has also been really working on talking this week. She tries to copy what we say. She even tried to say Taquito the other day. She said Taq followed by jibberish. It was so cute. Now she calls them either Taq Taq Taq or Taq um Taq um. Her other favorite words are of course MaMa & DaDa, ball, bye bye, walk, water, rock, bed & duck. She even put two words together a couple times this week. She said, "Bye DaDa." Real sweet.

Aubrey was sick last week and so would wake up in the night. We would go to her because we would have to check on her fever. So, after she was feeling better, we had to stop going in. So, one night she woke up and started calling for me. I sware she said MaMa for like five minutes. Then it was quite for a minute. All of a sudden she started saying DaDa. She must have thought, if mom won't come in, maybe dad will. We started cracking up, even though it was like 1 am.

Everytime we go in the garage Aubrey hopes we are going for a walk. She will walk straight for her stroller climb into it and start saying, "wa wa wa" (that's how she says walk). Once again, I don't know what we are going to do when it's too cold to take walks. I guess we'll have to stroll around the mall or something!


I can't believe what a little girl she is becoming. She has her own personality. It is so fun watching her blossom and grow right before our eyes. It is truly a miracle!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we moved right before we could see Aubrey walk so well! It's a great time. We miss you guys!

Lyndee W. said...

I can relate to being cooped up inside all the time...there's a medical condition (I don't the correct terminology), but it's related to sunlight; if you don't get enough sunlight you get cranky or depressed. When I was first married we lived in a basement apartment and I had no car and no place to walk to...it was a hard three years!

Anyway...I can relate. I'm glad that she's doing so well! We hope to see you at Summer's wedding...we'll see if Lyle's work schedule will allow it.

Megan said...

Oh, Heather. I can't get enough of her! She's so beautiful!

Angelina Christina said...

Well I guess when it gets too cold and Aubrey needs some sunlight she'll have to come to Vegas and visit Elise-we're SO excited for this winter where we can ride our bikes all year long. She's such a doll.

Keri said...

Can I have a week in the life of Aubrey? Tomatoes and necklaces... what more could a girl ask for? She gets cuter by the month!

Haro Family said...

Such cute pics. Looks like yummy tomatoes! I bet you're enjoying your garden.