Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm Just Doing my Nails Mom

Aubrey and I went to Wal-mart today. She has been real interested in doing her nails lately, so I wanted to get some of the quick dry polish I have heard about. I found a few that we liked and Aubrey wanted to see one. So, I handed her the red polish to look at and I continued browsing the shelves. I turned back to the cart and what do I see? Aubrey had opened up the bottle of polish and was polishing her nails. After my immediate panic and heart failure, I noticed that Aubrey had managed to not get a single drop of it on her dress. We had gone from a baptism and Aubrey was wearing a beautiful purple velvet dress. Not the outfit you want her to be wearing when she tries to paint her nails for the first time! So, once I discovered that she was clean I realized just how cute it was. She just wanted to paint her nails and was doing a pretty good job at that. She was working on her third nail when I caught her. Of course I had to ruin them because I didn't want any to get on her dress. I didn't have anything with me so I just had to use my hands to wipe off as much as I could. So we both wandered around Wal-mart with red all over our hands. Sometime I'll have to strip Aubrey down and let her polish her own nails!




The only way I manage to get Aubrey's hair done is by watching YouTube videos. The other day I found a clip from Finding Nemo. So we watched that the last couple of days while doing hair. We haven't talked about it between viewings and I think I referred to it as the fish video. She must have caught on to his name from the clip itself because she certainly knows his name. Whenever we go to Wal-mart we have to make a stop at the fish tank. We were looking at all of the different fish. We got to a tank of orange colored fish and Aubrey started saying, "Nemo Nemo Nemo". At first I had no idea what she was saying. But when I finally caught on she was real excited. It's amazing what these little ones pick up and how quickly they pick it up.

6 comments:

Summer Carlile said...

That is one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen of her. I am glad that she didn't get any nail polish on her dress.

Christa said...

I can't believe Aubrey didn't get any polish on her dress. That's amazing! She is so cute and growing up so fast!

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Aubrey:) I too am very surprised that she managed to not get any polish on her dress, let's hope that she will always be so careful while using polish:)

Karen said...

Just wait till it hits the carpet. That is when the really fun begins!

John and Ann Tolman said...

It's the first "cutting of the bangs" that is the real killer...you just can't "clean it up" ...it's there for a LONG time!

Nelson Family said...

So cute!! I can't wait for mine to do fun things like that.