Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day


My parents didn't think they were going to get to celebrate the 4th with any of us kids. But, because the funeral was the day before, they got a few of us to celebrate with! In the afternoon we went to a duck pond, one of Aubrey's favorite things to do. She tried to jump off of the bank to get to chase a duck. Luckily, she was in safe hands with Grandma. Then we went out to the Burger Hut for burgers, fries and shakes.


Before dark we did a few sparklers, since JJ was going to bed and would miss the fireworks. I held Aubrey's hand when we did the first sparkler. Immediately after it died out, she started to do the more sign. She was really intrigued by them.

After dark we went to Mom & Dad's neighbors house and watched their fireworks show. Aubrey was really interested and nervous. She held me tight the whole time, but never cried. So, I know she wasn't too afraid.

It was fun getting to spend the 4th at Mom & Dad's. But, we did miss Jeff. It was his first Independence Day as an American Citizen. We'll just have to have a big celebration next year!

6 comments:

Haro Family said...

I'm so glad that you got to spend the holiday with your parents. What a treat!

Karen said...

Looks like fun. My kids love feeding the ducks with Grandpa too.

Lyndee W. said...

Looks like a fun 4th! I'm glad that you were able to spend the holiday with your family...nothing makes the holiday more enjoyable.

Chanté said...

That's so good Aubrey didn't get scared! Brecken didn't either. I'm glad because I love watching fireworks!

Christi Williams said...

You will never know how much it fills my heart to see you with that sweet and adorable daughter.
The Lord does hear and answers prayers. We miss you all on 1010 North. It was great to ran across you blog.
Christi & Donny

The Crazy Clawson's said...

ok what a great post...and your baby is getting so big....she is just to dye for....