Friday, July 18, 2008

Fun at Grandma & Grandpa's House

Aubrey and I had a great trip to California to visit my parents. We had planned to go just for a week, while Jeff was in DC, but ended up making it 2 weeks so we could attend Grandpa's funeral. I am so glad we did. Having 2 weeks there actually allowed Aubrey to warm up to Grandma & Grandpa. It was so nice getting to see her play with them. Grandma even took Aubrey several mornings so that I could sleep in! It was fabulous. Grandpa took her for walks too, so I could take a shower and get ready. We learned that Aubrey needs 1 week to warm up and then she'll be your friend! Thanks Mom & Dad for the fabulous vacation!


Here are lots of pictures from our visit.


I love the above picture of Aubrey and her Grandma. It has a cute story behind it too. Grandma & Aubrey had been happily reading stories together for about an hour. I came in and they looked so cute, so of course I had to take a picture! After I took one, Aubrey did her sign for "more". So I said, "Aubrey do you want another picture? OK, smile for the camera." Right on cue she gave me that big beautiful smile (see picture above). Then she signed "more" again. So once again I told her to smile, and I got that great shot of her below. What a little model! (You'd think she's had lots of pictures taken of her or something!)

6 comments:

Keri said...

Aubrey is getting cuter by the second! I love that photo of her sitting in the chair. Move over Shirley Temple! And, yes, Ryan did manage to pick the ring out himself. Surprised, I was!

Chanté said...

You have such a cute family! And Aubrey really is absolutely gorgeous!

Shannon said...

Oh how cute!! I love how your mom and Dad were totally just playing with her and Loving her up!
She looks like such a happy little girl!!

Megan said...

Oh, Heather. Aubrey is so darling!

Haro Family said...

It looks like you had a great time with your family in CA. Aubrey is so adorable (just like her parents)!

Lyndee W. said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you had a good time...it's always fun to hang out with your family, huh?