Friday, January 16, 2009

Primping

For the past month or so, Aubrey has been real interested in the make-up and morning ritual process. She usually wants to try a few things out herself. This morning she was real cute. The minute she saw me go over to the sink to get ready, she ran and got her stool and put it right next to me so she could get ready with me. Every time I finished with something she would hold her hand out as if to say, "my turn". What a little girly girl.

First I put on my deodorant.

Then a little toner.

Next comes the moisturizer.

We can't forget the powder.

The eyeliner comes next. (I'm glad she didn't poke her eye out!)

Then I must keep my lips smooth with chapstick.

The teeth are next. (Luckily, she used her toothbrush and didn't insist on mine!)

And last but not least we must do our hair.

It's not easy lookin' this GOOD!

On an entirely different note, Aubrey has NOT mastered drinking from a cup. Last week I sat down with a cup of chocolate milk. Aubrey wanted to have some, so I held the cup out for her to drink some. She was doing really good and wanted to drink on her own. So, I let her take the cup. Well, that was the end of my chocolate milk!

Surprisingly the clothes came out nice and clean from the wash, you would never know they had been covered in chocolate milk!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures of Aubry trying to be just like her Mommy!

John and Ann Tolman said...

She will be the best big sister ever...I'll bet you find the little sister all made up pretty too!

Lyndee W. said...

Oh my gosh...I'm laughing so hard right now! I totally remember Sean getting that messy trying to drink from a regular cup. So funny. On a different note...you're going to have to change your header soon! Two little girls smiling back at me instead of just one!

The Mann Family said...

hahahahaha I LOVE that last picture! Classic! My doctor told me at Parker's 1 year appointment that he should be drinking out of a big boy cup. Ya right! I could have showed him this picture and said...this is why I say NO WAY! Oh she is such a doll! So cute!

The Mann Family said...

Oh I forgot to tell you that the "If You Give A..." series are my all time fave books! If You Give A Pig A Pancake is one of the best ones! We also have the collection book that has 3 or 4 stores in one. It also comes with recipes, songs and a CD to go with! So fun!

Keri said...

Wow, I see a model on the horizon! And I loved the post with her little stool - so independent and clever!