Monday, January 26, 2009

Bunny Hunting

So we had a bit of a rough week this last week. First Jeff was sick and then Aubrey was even more sick. We ended up spending 4.5 hours of Saturday evening in the ER because of some unusual symptoms Aubrey was having. Luckily they turned out to be nothing thank goodness. She's also had this horrible cough that has pretty much been lingering since September. It will get really bad for a few weeks, then start to lessen and then before it goes completely away she'll get another cold and it will come on strong again. So, the good thing about our ER visit is they did a chest Xray and found that her lungs look good - so that eased my mind a lot about her cough. So, couple a sick family with a new church responsibility that has taken me some time to get mentally and emotionally prepared for and that turns into a pretty exhausting week for me! But, we made it through and are hoping this week is a little better! Aubrey is still pretty sick today but doesn't seem quite as miserable as yesterday - so I figure that is progress. So, suffice it to say I didn't get to either blogging or cleaning my house much last week. And now, of course, I have chosen to catch up on the blog first before the house cleaning! I am sure Jeff will be less than thrilled with my priorities - but Grandma Buell really wants a new post - so this one is for you Bernice! (What son could get frustrated with his wife for trying to please his mother!)

So, a week before last we had 2 bunnies visiting our yard quite frequently. Aubrey loved it and we thought they were pretty cute too. Until, our neighbor told us that they had been in their yard for a while now and had made a big mess of it. So, as soon as Jeff heard that - he started Bunny Hunting! My resourceful husband took our wheel barrow and propped it up on some pvc pipe. He then tied string around it and fed that into our house. Then he put some yummy treats for the bunnies under the wheel barrow. When the bunnies came for a nibble, he pulled on the string and the wheel barrow came down and trapped the bunnies. So in the space of about 12 hours Jeff had caught both bunnies. One Sunday night and the next Monday morning. Then we spent much of Monday playing with bunnies - which Aubrey loved!

Here is Jeff retrieving his caught bunny.

Bringing the first bunny in Sunday night for Aubrey to see.

Both bunnies in their comfortable, yet temporary home. The white and brown one was caught Sunday night and lived in our shed that night in this box that Jeff had also put food and water in.

Aubrey enjoying the second bunny caught Monday morning.

Playing with the bunnies!

Monday evening some neighborhood friends who are our local bunny experts retrieved our bunnies and told us they would take them to an animal shelter. Probably a better place for them than what calling animal control would have gotten them!

4 comments:

Our Family said...

I loves bunnies I had a few when I was a kid! One of which my brother chased down! Congrats on your new calling that would be handful- but I know you can do it!
Shirlene

julie said...

Cute bunnies! Aubrey is so cute with them. She is going to be a fun big sister!

Esther Attridge said...

I kinda wish you would've kept the bunnies. . . at least for a bit so we could have played with them too!

Lyndee W. said...

What IS your new calling? Now I'm curious! Cute bunnies! I saw one at the State Fair a couple years ago that I wanted so bad! Lyle put his foot down.