Saturday, August 28, 2010

A few weeks back

I've been busy having fun and working on projects, that I haven't had time to blog. So, I decided I needed to start and catch up, before it gets too overwhelming!

The girls are still having fun harvesting tomatoes. Here are some photos of Brooke picking away.




She has still not caught on that she is only supposed to pick the red ones! Lucky for us we have an overabundance, so I don't worry when she picks some green ones!



The following are pics from the beginning of the month when she started pushing herself to standing. She looks so big when she stands up! I didn't realize she's not really a baby anymore until I saw how big she was standing!



Because we always clap for her, she started clapping as soon as she would stand!



G & G Bagley came for a little visit to be here for my Bro-in-law, Bryan's Graduation. I had taken pictures with my mom's camera and planned on uploading them before she left. But, I forgot.

Here are a couple of pics while they were at the house.



Much to our surprise Brooke went right to Grandpa and Grandma without any fussing! I hope we are getting through this stranger/separation anxiety phase. Especially since she starts nursery in about a month.



That little monkey thought she was big enough to open the door and escape! She is one determined little thing so I am going to have to be really careful with her when she grows a few more inches. I have no doubt that she will be opening doors like a pro as soon as she can get her hand around them.



Brooke is still such a cute little mimicker. One day I was bathing the two girls. I pulled Brooke out and sat her on the floor. I went to get Aubrey out. When I turned back, Brooke had gotten herself to the toilet paper, pulled a piece off and was wiping her bum. It was too funny!

One day she found one of Aubrey's cups. She took it over to the refrigerator door and was holding it up as high as she could. She was trying to fill it up like she sees Aubrey do all of the time.

Brooke is still talking a lot and learning new words everyday. She LOVES to point out things and name them. Both in stories and things in whatever room we are in. She is loving animals right now. She was pretty much attacking Sophie (my sis in laws dog) last time we saw her, and anytime she sees a cat she starts meowing excitedly.

Her favorite word is still "baby". I should count how many times a day she says it. Anytime she sees a doll, wants a doll, sees a live baby or sees a baby in a story, she will say "baby" several times. It is so cute seeing how much she loves babies.

She is not a patient thing. In fact whenever I tell her "just a minute", no matter how nicely I say it, she throws a fit. I certainly hope this is a phase.

Brooke and Aubrey are playing so much better together these days. This is mainly because Aubrey is being so good at sharing with her. There have been a few times this week that they played for 20 or so minutes together without fighting or crying at all. Those times were a dream come true for me!

Here are some more garden harvesting photos.

Daddy was throwing potatoes out of the garden and both girls were putting them in the bucket. They both thought it was a mighty fun game!



My cute little tomato pickers!



And it's always important to squish a few tomatoes!



Aubrey is in such a cute and sweet phase right now. She has been really well behaved and such a good little helper. Most of the time when I ask her to do something she says, "OK Mommy" and jumps up and does it.

She is loving her doll right now and every night puts her baby to bed by singing her songs and reading her stories, giving her a bottle and tucking her in. It is so darling!







The following video is a Aubrey singing a lullaby to her baby that she made up herself.



Brookie wanted to play baby too!


A few cute things Aubrey has said over the last few weeks:

One night Jeff said to Aubrey, "Never grow up, stay this age forever." Aubrey looked at him with the saddest face and said, "But I want to be a Mommy."

"When I'm a little bit bigger I won't do naughty things so much."

She was playing with Brooke one day and said, "Heavenly Father sent us the cutest baby ever."
And then a few days later at dinner time she repeated the sentiment.

Just tonight as I was putting her to bed she asked me, "Mommy will you watch me get married?" When I told her that I would she said, "But what Prince will I marry?" Hmm lots of girls and women have that very same question!

At church last Sunday someone asked Jeff when Aubrey's birthday was. He gave what he thought was Aubrey's birthday. Aubrey then said, "No it's not, it's . . ." Jeff then said no Aubrey and repeated the date he had originally said. Aubrey disagreed and told him her birthday. After church Jeff asked me when Aubrey's birthday was, and lo and behold Aubrey had it right! Jeff and to take a big old bite of humble pie!

The very next day Aubrey asked me to sing a song that Grandpa Bagley had sang to her. I started singing it to her and when I sang about the little rain cloud that cried she piped in and said, "No mommy it's the little white cloud that cries." I disagreed with her, but she said, "no mommy grandpa sings it the little white cloud." I finally called my dad and asked him what the correct lyrics were. Once again Aubrey had it right. Nothing gets past that little stinker. We are in big trouble now!

She is very excited to start her dance class next week and then preschool the following week! I am doing a little preschool coop with some neighbors and have had so much planning the activites!

No comments: