Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Conference Weekend

We really enjoyed conference this last weekend (well at least the parts we were able to hear!)

Aubrey was actually excited for conference. A few days before, we told her about conference. She remembered from last session because she immediately said, "That's when we get to play that little game." I'm glad she mentioned the apostle match game that we have played in the past, or I may have forgotten. (I print out small pictures of each of the apostles and then when an apostle speaks, Aubrey tries to find the matching picture.)

Since Jeff works 2 jobs, he is not home most mornings. He did not work on Saturday and when Aubrey found out, she was very excited. She came running in to me saying, "Guess what! Dad gets to stay home and watch conference with us!" It was really sweet to see her so excited.

Last October I had Aubrey paint a pumpkin during the Saturday morning session, so I thought that would be a fun tradition. This year I let Brooke join in on the painting.

I told the girls to look up and say cheese, and Brooke did just that. It's so cute. Now anytime she sees a camera, she points at it and says, "Cheese".





Aubrey finished her pumpkin, so I went over to take a pic. I once again told her to look up and say cheese. Brooke saw this happen. . .


A few minutes later she went over and stood by her pumpkin, looked up at me and said "Cheese." I guess she was trying to tell me that she wanted a picture with her pumpkin too! She's actually quite proud of her pumpkin. She kept pointing it out the next day and wanting to look at it


Painting the pics we did for FHE.


Brooke decided it would be fun to draw all over her match game. I decided to make a game for her too, because I knew it would be a fight if she didn't have her own to do whatever she liked with it.


Aubrey actually listened to quite a bit of conference. When the speakers talked about something she recognized she would mention it. For instance, "Mommy there talking about the articles of Faith." It was really nice to see that she was listening.

Between sessions Aubrey was invited to Zoe's princess birthday party. She asked all the girls to come dressed like a princess. I think she makes the most beautiful Cinderella!


Brooke was very interested as I was getting Aubrey all fancied up. I remembered I had a princess dress her size and so I asked her if she wanted to dress up like a princess too. She said "yeah", so I dolled her up too. What a little cutie pants!


Walking to the party together.


Excited to give Zoe the present she picked out all by herself.


About a week before the party I told Aubrey that we needed to get a present for Zoe's party. She asked me what we were going to get her. I responded by asking Aubrey what she thought we should get her. This was her reply, "Well Zoe really likes princesses and Zoe likes dolls. Maybe we should get her a princess doll." I thought it was so sweet that she really thought about what her friend would like for her birthday. I hope she will always be this thoughtful!

Sunday morning was more crafting for the girls while we tried to glean whatever we could from the talks. The afternoon session was great because both girls napped through it. I'll be glad to get the printed version, so I can read all that I missed!

1 comment:

Sally Bagley said...

Aubrey and Brooke are such beautiful princes!