Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Stories & Preschool

Brooke found some bunny slippers that I had to squeeze on her the other day. She wanted to wear them all day, even though they were too tight. I then remembered that I had duck slippers that were her size. She was thrilled. She wants to wear them every time she sees them.





The other day Aubrey got hurt and was crying. Brooke came up to her, gave her a hug, pointed at her face and said, "sad." It was so sweet. She wanted her sad sister to be happy again.

She also came up to me a few days ago and asked for a hug. I loved it!

She is still obsessed with the potty. Now if she sees the potty she will start saying, "pee pee" while pointing at her bum. She will continue this relentlessly until we strip her down and sit her on the potty. Unfortunately she hasn't actually gone pee, just plays on the potty.

She now requests which stories she wants when it's story time. She has one word titles for about 5 books that she will say when she wants me to read them. I love how her communication is growing everyday.

This picture is just typical of how Brooke is always trying to do what Aubrey is doing and trying to keep up with her!

Today Aubrey was practicing her dance and Brooke started doing it with her. It was so darling. She did a pretty good job of imitating her. I wished I had the video camera handy. I'll have to try to get her to do it again.

It's been rainy all week. One day we were playing outside and it started to sprinkle. I told Aubrey we better go in before it started really coming down. She said, "I know what to do, I'll just hold my umbrella while I play." And that she did. Well at least for a few minutes until I made her come in!


One day I said to Aubrey and Brooke something to the effect that they were the prettiest girls in the whole wide world. Aubrey replied, "That's not true, Zoe's the prettiest girl in the world too." I thought that was so sweet. She really is becoming such a thoughtful little girl. It makes me so happy to see that.

The other day I asked Aubrey to do something. She started going in the opposite direction, so I called her on it. She said with foot in the air, "But Mom, my foot is telling me to go this way. I keep trying not to listen to it, but it won't stop taking me this way." I guess she's figured out how to blame others/appendages for her mistakes!

Aubrey was singing, "I Love to see the Temple" for FHE the other night. Her song went something like this. "I'm going to the temple someday. To feel the Holy Spirit, to listen and to pray. The temple is the House of God, a place for Sleeping Beauty. . ." That gave me a good laugh!

We had preschool at our house this week. I taught about the letter "S" and Shapes.

This is Aubrey demonstrating the S Obstacle course that I put together. Everything they did started with the letter S. (Slithered through the tunnel, Skipped, Slide, Stack blocks, Sit & Stand, Shake jars, Stomped on bubble wrap & Stood on Stools) The kids really enjoyed it and after talking them through it once, they did the course over and over again without any instruction.



We also Sang Songs, read Stories & played I Spy.

The other favorite activities of the day was cutting out their own biscuits into Shapes and



Making their Shape puzzles.

It is so much fun for me to plan the activities. I already have the my next two months all planned out!

Today after Brooke woke from her nap the girls both climbed on the rocking chair to read stories. It was so sweet.



Here's Aubrey reading a story to Brookie Bug.

No comments: