Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Steps

I have to interrupt my Canada posts to show some things going on this week. But stay tuned for more Canada pics in the days to come.


Aubrey took her first steps on Monday. She was standing up holding on to the couch. She then let go and had this real concentrated look on her face and then real slowly took 2 steps. She has been taking steps here and there all week. The most she has taken is five. Here are some videos from this afternoon.









Bathing Beauty


One of Aubrey's birthday presents was a little blow up pool for the backyard. The weather finally has been hot enough to break it out. Aubrey just loves it. She loves splashing, playing with bubbles and toys and especially climbing in and out of it. Two of her favorite things are being outside and bath time, now she gets to bathe outside - what could be better than that!



Kissin' Cousins

Last night I sat Aubrey next to JJ and told her to give him kisses. She took her hand and put it behind his head, leaned in, and laid one on him right on the lips. It was so cute. So, of course, we had her do it over and over again!



Ketchup Lover

So, anyone who knows Jeff well, knows that he loves Ketchup. We go through Ketchup like crazy in our house. So, the other day Aubrey was having tater tots for dinner and I thought, lets see if she likes them dipped in ketchup like her dad. She loved it! She would dip the tater tots in the ketchup herself. Of course she also dipped her hands in it and got it all over herself. Good thing I am not afraid of a little mess!


A couple more pics

I bought Aubrey a little sun hat since her head got a little burned the first time we went to 7 peaks. She looked so cute in it, but I only had the phone from my camera. But luckily at least I had that so I could get this cute pic.


We can usually bribe Aubrey to sit on some one's lap if they read her a story. So here she is with Uncle Elliot.

3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

She does such a great job walking! Standing up in the middle of the floor is the hardest part, but it looks like she's got that down! It puts a longing in my heart! Your pics from Canada are great too! Looks like you had a blast!

Chanté said...

She is such a cute little thing. It makes me sad to realize my baby has already been walking SEVEN months! It goes too fast. And Brecky loooves ketchup too. Those pics of her eating it are hilarious!

Angelina Christina said...

I love the sun hat picture! So cute. I agree with a previous comment-Aubrey looks like she belongs on Gerber foods, she's so cute with those chubby cheeks (I always hated mine as a kid, but they really are cute on babies). Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Canada. The kissing cousins story is hilarious. I'm glad Aubrey likes her pool-we bought one too and Mason begs me to play in it two and three times a day.