Saturday, June 28, 2008

I Knew This Day Would Come

Yesterday, I decided to give the tub a good scrub. Aubrey wanted to be with me - so I took all of her bath toys out of the tub and put them and her on the bath mat beside me. I made sure the toilet seat was down and began scrubbing away. I could hear Aubrey playing with her toys and was glad that she was content. When I was just about done, Aubrey started to cry. I looked behind me and saw her finger stuck in the lid of the toilet. I figured she tried to open the seat and it fell back down onto her finger. So, I went to retrieve her finger. When I opened the lid, to my surprise, I saw all of her toys floating inside! Since, the damage was already done, I should have snapped a picture. But, I was so shocked and disgusted that my only thought was to get those toys out of there and cleaned. I guess closing the toilet seat lid is no longer sufficient!

3 comments:

Chanté said...

And if she is anything like my daughter, the toilet will be her favorite new toy! I really don't get the appeal of playing with the toilet!

Keri said...

Yucky! Ayden took a drink from the toilet when he was 3... lucky for him I do a daily scrub, so he was able to choke down the e. coli with a hint of lysol toilet bowl cleaner. I have six cans of Lysol left over from our apartment cleansing ritual that you can borrow! (It'll just get more interesting from here on out.)

Susan said...

We luckily haven't had this problem yet. I'll cross my fingers in hopes that it doesn't happen!