Saturday, September 27, 2008

Enjoying the Beautiful Fall Weather

The weather has been so nice the last couple of weeks, we've spent much of our time outdoors. Of course, I had to get sick this week and that has limited our outdoor time. No fun! But I felt decent this evening so we did some of our favorite things in the neighborhood.

First we went to the small park. Aubrey loves the slides. She no longer likes the small toddler slides (you know the ones designed for her age!). She always wants to go down the biggest slide at whatever park we are at. She is becoming such a good climber she can climb up to the large slide all be herself. You can see her in action in the video below.




Everyday we go bunny hunting for our neighborhood wild bunnies. They are probably a nuisance to the neighbors whose lawn and flowers they eat - but to us they are quite entertaining! Aubrey always goes chasing after them. She hasn't caught one yet. Better luck next time Aubrey.





Of course, going outside in the backyard is still a big hit with Aubrey. Mommy was too sick to do much of anything yesterday, but we did go out in the yard and do bubbles. Aubrey took the bubble maker from me and figured out how to push the button herself. She was real excited that she could make the bubbles on her own.

We started Mommy & Me swim classes this week with Rachel & Zoe. The girls are so cute together. They hold hands walking into the rec. center. They share snacks on the car ride there and back. Zoe is about 7 months older than Aubrey and Aubrey is her little copy cat. Whatever Zoe does, Aubrey has to try and do it too. It is so funny. Swim classes have been fun. Aubrey hasn't quite gotten the blowing bubbles down. She licks the water instead! But, she is an excellent back floater (with mommy holding on of course!). After the first swim class, we wrapped up the girls and sat them on the bench while we got our own towels. They looked so cute, I wished I had my camera. I only had my cell phone, so the quality is pretty poor.

The other night, Jeff and I were getting dinner ready. Jeff was mixing the potatoes and I was stiring the gravy. Aubrey started fussing cause she wanted to get in on the action. Then all of a sudden, she got into a drawer, found a measuring cup and a meat thermometer and started stirring away. It was so cute, she found a way on her own to do what we were doing.

Aubrey has been really getting into the pretend play lately. She carries her stuffed animals all around the house. When she finds a chair or a ledge, she will sit them in it, and then feed them crackers and give them a drink from her sippy cup. She also likes to give them naps. She will lay them down and then hold her finger to her lips and say "shhhh". It is so darling. She also gives them big hugs and kisses. She is such a girly girl. I love it! She also has a little car that she puts an animal or two on, and then pushes them all around the house.

4 comments:

Our Family said...

She is so cute!! Yes our family is me- Shirlene

Haro Family said...

I just read your last 2 posts! Congratulations!!!! I am so excited that you're having another baby! You all must be thrilled! I am soooooo happy for you! What a fun way to tell everyone!

Karen said...

I so hope you are feeling better. I am sure it is no fun. I love seeing all the things Aubrey is up to. She's adorable.

Keri said...

She is so adorable. Just think... you'll soon have double the cuteness to enjoy!