Saturday, October 4, 2008

Aubrey at Play

I didn't feel up to blogging this week (sinus infection & tummy ache), but I did manage to get some pics of what Aubrey has been up to this week. So here's my photo journal of the week.

Lovin' my Pooh Ba. Aubrey loves all of her animals, but she has a special place for her Pooh. She sleeps with him every night and nap - and won't leave the crib in the morning without him. She even began calling him by name this week. It sounds like "Pooh Ba". So cute!

Shhhh Pooh Ba is sleeping.

This is what I see all day long. Aubrey's head cocked to one side with a stuffed animal in the crook of her neck. She is such a little sweetie.

We hadn't gone outside for a few days, and Aubrey was aching to get out. So, we went out front to wait for Daddy to come home. At first, she kept trying to run down the driveway and down the side walk. Which was a really fun game (not!) Then I convinced her to come sit on the doorstep. As we sat down, a grasshopper jumped out in front of us. Aubrey was so fascinated. She just stared at it. I told her to go touch it, but she would get really close and then wimp out. I am not one for touching bugs, so I didn't want to touch it myself. It jumped on the brick wall and just crawled around. Aubrey stood there and watched it's every move. Than daddy came home and helped Aubrey touch it. She was so mesmerized. She was not pleased when we had to go inside for dinner!

So, I haven't found fresh blueberries to buy for Aubrey for a few weeks - so I got some frozen ones. Man are they messy. Aubrey didn't seem to mind though. She just ate them right up.

Forget the spoon, this is a much more efficient way to eat my oatmeal!

How does she still look so pretty when she is such a mess?

A neighborhood friend has some cute bunnies that Aubrey & I have gone to see a few times. We finally thought to bring the camera. Aubrey just loves watching, petting & feeding them.

She figured out that she could fit her fingers through the mesh and pet the bunnies.

So, in the above photo, Aubrey went to give the bunny a kiss and it's whiskers tickled her. Too funny!

It's fun to feed the bunnies!

Aubrey likes to help with everything, so we try to find ways for her to help. Here she is helping with dinner.

She was so proud of herself when she helped daddy bring in the groceries!

Whenever Aubrey has some food, she always feeds it to whatever animal or doll that is around. Many meals we have to have an animal at the table eating with us. Hopefully, this means she is going to be a very sharing and thoughtful person!

Aubrey was too young to play out in the rain last year. So, daddy took her out this morning. She thought it was real fun. She didn't want to touch the worm though. A girl after my own heart.

During this morning's conference Aubrey had found one of her diapers and was inspecting it thoroughly. After her inspection she brought it to me. I asked her if she wanted to put it on her doll. She excitedly said, "yeah". So, I helped her put the diaper on her dolly. She was so excited I told her to take it to the back and show daddy. Off she ran. Well, I never heard Jeff say anything to her and it got really quite for several minutes. Although, I was thoroughly enjoying the silence and the ability to listen to conference, I thought I better go check on the little one. So I quietly walked down the hall. There she was trying so hard to put the diaper back on her dolly. It was so cute! She wants to be able to do everything she sees us do. I love it!

So, Aubrey and I have both had colds for the last couple of weeks. Aubrey's nose has been running like a faucet. One day, I had just gotten to the computer when I saw Aubrey's runny nose. I didn't have any tissue anywhere near me, and didn't want to get up. So, wishfully thinking I said half heartedly, "Aubrey, can you go to the bathroom and get some tissue so I can wipe your nose." I really had no hope that she could follow that complex of a command - but I had to try. Without hesitation, Aubrey hops up and walks down the hall. I wasn't sure what she was going to do, but I thought I'd give it a minute or two before I went and chased her down with some tissue. A few moments later, in she walks holding some tissue out for me. I was so thrilled. I couldn't believe she could actually follow those instructions! She definitely got an "A" for that day!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Such a cutie. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I am glad you have a sweet thing to hang out with.

Summer Carlile said...

She is so cute, and smart. Hope you had fun at your dinner party tonight will have to catch up this week so that you can help me with my blog.

Angelina Christina said...

I just wanted to say CONGRADULATIONS!!! We are so happy for you guys. Sorry I've not commented sooner-we've been crazy buying a new house!
So are you hopeing for a girl or boy? I am sorry you're feeling sick. Aubrey is such a doll.

Shannon said...

Oh those big eyes of hers kill me! Gorgeous!!

Enjoy this age, it goes by so fast!