Friday, July 2, 2010

Little Brookie Bug




My little Brookie is such a doll, well that is when she is not being extremely difficult! I'm glad I have as much darling coming out of her as difficult, because it makes the difficult much easier to live with.

On the difficult side, diaper changes are almost impossible. I completely dread whenever I smell a poopy diaper. That child can not sit still for a second. It is a circus act trying to get her diaper changed. She is either throwing a fit as I try and constrain her or she is up and climbing around before I even open the dirty diaper all the way up. What a joy. The same goes for clothing changes, nail cutting and doing her hair. Church has also become ridiculous. She will NOT sit on our laps. If we try and hold her down she will yell and kick. If we try to engage her with toys she will throw them. All she wants to do is walk across the chairs and bang on them or try and engage any children sitting near us. Which I am sure their parents are not fond of. We are seeing a lot more of the lobby than we've ever seen.

BUT, when we leave her alone and let her be, she is just a darling little doll. She plays so good with toys. Especially big kid toys. No more rattles and teething rings for her. She wants the doll houses, ponies and Aubrey's beauty supplies. And the DOLLS most of all. Can I tell you how happy it makes me to see her loving dolls. She has even inspired Aubrey to like dolls. The last couple of weeks Aubrey has become attached to a darling doll she got from Santa a couple of years ago. Until now the doll has been pretty much ignored.

Brooke's language is still just moving along at light speed. She loves to point out things and either name them or say, "What's that?" Sometimes it is very clear and other times it more like wa da. She can say, "all done" at meal times too, which is nice.

She still wants to do anything she sees going on. She saw Aubrey cleaning up a water spill and as soon as Aubrey was done with the cloth she grabbed it and hopped around the floor wiping it with the cloth.

She saw me blowing on her hot food one day and now every time I put warm food on her tray, she blows on it.

She sees Aubrey standing on stools to help mommy with chores and so has begun getting up herself. Which is scary to me, since she doesn't even have the balance to stand on the floor by herself yet!

At both nap and bed time she will lay in my arms and point to all of the features on both my face and her face as we both name them. It's so sweet. One night after she pointed out my mouth, she grabbed my cheek towards her and gave me a kiss on the lips. It was so sweet.

She loves to laugh! Even if you just look at her and smile she will break out in a giggle. Any attention you give her generally results in a great big smile as well.

A while back I had her say, "bye bye" on the phone to her grandparents. Ever since then, whenever she sees a phone she points to it and says, "bye bye." It's so cute.

Brooke is just a little fish. The first time we went swimming she was trying to swim out of my arms. The minute she is in the water she starts kicking and giggling. It's so cute. She doesn't like to be in shallow water either, she likes when it's really deep and I hold her out by her hands so she is floating. I love to see her having so much fun in the water! Especially because we plan to spend the bulk of the summer at the local water park!

She loves loves loves Aubrey's necklaces and bracelets. She know how to put them on all by herself too.



I caught her in the act one day. What a cute little munchkin.





And then when she was done, she took them off and put them on her dolly.



What a cute little mommy she is. If there is a doll nearby she gives it all sorts of hugs and kisses.







The doll she has here, usually lives in her crib. After I spend a little time with her at bed and nap time, all I have to do is lay her down, hand her her baby and her purple blanket, and she grins ear to ear. She generally doesn't fuss a bit just hugs her baby and blankie and falls right to sleep. It is so heavenly!

I am loving watching Brooke's ever growing personality! I can't wait until I can have little conversations with her and get a glimpse into that cute little mind of hers. I just love that little Brookie Bug!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love seeing and reading about my nieces. Super sweet and adorable.

Esther Attridge said...

I don't know if you're even going to get this comment. But I was cracking up when I read this. I swear I could post this exact same post about isla. Especially the "what's this". So funny