Friday, July 2, 2010

My Aubrey Kaye

What can I say about my Aubrey Kaye - I can't even type her name without getting a big smile on my face. She is such a darling little girlie girl.

She has lately become obsessed with being a ballerina. She is constantly wearing her tutu and dancing around the house. She also thinks that ballerina's must wear tons of jewelry and makeup as well. You rarely see that girl not all fancied up.



I wanted to take a picture of her putting her lip gloss on, because she looks so darn cute doing it. When I walked over with the camera she said, "Not yet mom, I'm not ready yet. I have to finish my makeup first." Seriously should those words be coming out of a 3 year old mouth?! Ha Ha.



I convinced her to let me take a few pictures.



She talks like a little grown up most of the time. She says things like, "Mom maybe we could spend a little time in the backyard this afternoon." or "I hope that I can have a fruit snack at snack time today." or "I have a good idea, we should make Brownies for dessert today." She makes me laugh to hear her talk like that.

She has rekindled her love for reading, which I am happy has returned. Usually at bed and nap time I will hear her reading out loud several of her stories before falling asleep.

She is just a little singing machine. She will sing any and every song that plays while we are in the car. And if she doesn't know the lyrics she will repeat them one syllable behind. It's really cute to hear her little voice just singing away in the car! She has a magnificent memory for song lyrics. One day she busted out all of the verses to "Mary had a Little Lamb". I couldn't believe she could remember that many words to a song. She even teaches daddy song lyrics when he puts her down for bed. He doesn't know all of the songs we sing so if she requests a song he doesn't know he'll ask her to teach him the words. It is so cute to hear her teaching daddy a song.

Most of you know that Aubrey has a slow to warm up personality. When introduced to new experiences or things she hasn't done in a while, she gets a little nervous. Well we've been hanging out at a local water park for the last month. They have some water slides that are specifically made for 3 - 8 year olds. I've been encouraging her to go down the slides by herself, but she was just not ready. Finally last week she did it! I was so proud of her bravery and she was sooooooo proud of herself. Once she tackled her fear, she couldn't get enough of it. She did the slide over and over again for 2 hours straight! I held a sleeping Brooke in my arms at the bottom of the slide for half of the time! I didn't have to heart to end her triumph just because it was nap time! When she finally tired out, we went home. She completely crashed on the stroller ride to the car. After all there was a lot of stair climbing involved!

A few funny things she has said lately,

She was eating her yogurt - the spoon fell to the floor and she said, "Don't do that spoon, if you fall one more time you're going to have a time out." Hmmm I wonder where she got that from?

We were playing tag in the backyard. She would tell me to run and that she would catch me and then she would say it was her turn to run and I should catch her. After several times of this she said, "Now we'll both run and it'll be kinda like we catch ourselves."

Frequently when Aubrey needs something from me she'll say, "Mommy could you do me a big favor . . . " How can you say no to a request that begins like that.

Whenever I ask her to do something that she doesn't want to do, she responds with, "No Thank you."

And then when I let her know she has to do it anyway she says, "But Mom" in that really annoying teenager voice.


On Wednesday Aubrey went to her first dentist appointment. I had been talking it up for weeks and she was very excited!

She loved the waiting room. It had a playhouse with toys and a big fish tank.






Here she is on the dentist chair. What a cute little thing. She was a little nervous, but did awesome! She kept her mouth open the whole time while the dentist looked at her teeth.





I told her that when they were done, they would give her a toothbrush. She asked me what kind of toothbrush they would give her. I told her that I didn't know, so we would have to wait and see what kinds they had. For the last couple weeks whenever we talked about the dentist she would say, "We'll have to wait and see what kind of toothbrushes they have." When the time finally arrived to get her toothbrush, she so was so excited and said, "We get to see what kind of toothbrushes they have." She was very glad to see that they had pink princess toothbrushes. She couldn't wait to use her new toothbrush that night. Along with her new floss that they encouraged me to use on her. I didn't think that would be very easy, but I let her hold on to help and it worked out much better than expected.

After she was done they made her a butterfly balloon, which she was thrilled about!



I was very pleased with our first pediatric dental appointment. Aubrey keeps reminding me that we get to go back again soon.

1 comment:

Esther Attridge said...

I like this little girl....she's funny!