Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow is Falling All Around

This morning as Aubrey & I were walking from the bedroom to the kitchen, Aubrey got a glance out the window and then ran as quick as she could to take a better look.

This is what she saw:

Except that the snow was swirling all around and there were no foot prints in the snow. Aubrey does not remember the snow from last year and must have been so surprised to see the whole yard covered in white with snowflakes coming down. She just stood there and peered out the window in wonderment. I told her that it was called snow and she made her snowman sign. So, I asked her if she wanted to go out and build a snowman. Of course she said "YEAH!"

If you look on the bottom right you will see our very pathetic attempt at a snowman. The snow was really powdery - but since I promised her a snowman we had to try! She still liked it. She would do the snowman sign, point at it and say "eye". (because our snowman had eyes)

She also really enjoyed me handing her snowballs and then she would throw them to the ground. She tried a few times to make some of her own - but when she would bend over to reach the snow - she would get stuck in that position! It reminded me of "A Christmas Story." It was really funny! I would laugh and then she would half laugh half cry. She didn't know what to think of the snowsuit - it's hard to get around in the snow being that bundled up!

As luck would have it, as soon as we came back inside a neighbor came over with cookies, so we had an after snow snack!

Around 4:00 or 5:00 we will post the gender of our baby - so don't forget to come back and see!

3 comments:

Summer Carlile said...

I love that first picture of Aubrey it is so cute.

Christa said...

Aubrey is so cute! I love those cheeks!

Lyndee W. said...

I agree, Summer. That first pic is adorable! Love the pink.