Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Party

We had our ward Christmas Party last night. It was a Hawaiian theme. I was not thrilled with the idea of a non-Christmas themed Christmas Party. But, the food was delicious and very authentic. We have a few Polynesian families in the ward and on the activities committee. We also had great entertainment. We had a Polynesian band playing and singing for us during dinner. After dinner we got a show by BYU's living legends (at least the Polynesian dancers of that group.) We also had our young women and young men dance for us. Some Polynesian youth in our ward taught them. They looked great - the boys even had face paint on. So, the party turned out great.


Aubrey absolutely loved the dancing. The first few numbers her eyes were glued to the stage. Then they asked the kids to come up and learn a dance. She wanted to go up front - but I opted for helping her learn at our table. After that, Aubrey insisted on standing by our table and dancing the rest of the time. It was darling! She tried to get me to dance with her. I was glad when Zoe came so she could dance with her instead. The minute Zoe came over she immediately grabbed her hand and insisted she come over and dance with her!

Yes, Aubrey's dress is a bit short. It's actually last years dress. I remembered that it was kind of big on her last year and so wanted to try it on her. As soon as I got it out Aubrey started her "Ho Ho Ho's". Then after I put it on her she ran to the mirror and just loved that she looked like Santa. So, I didn't have the heart to take it off of her.

We did have Santa visit our party. After standing in the stifling heat on the stage and chasing after Aubrey as she tried to run off the stage every few minutes, Aubrey of course wanted nothing to do with Santa. She only likes him from a distance. And somehow the setting on our camera got switched - so the picture turned out really blurry. Oh well, you gotta try!

Aubrey's Special Video from Santa

http://family.go.com/santas-list/video/30437-hkayeb/

You can make a personalized video from Santa to your kids on Disney Channel.com. If you click on mine you'll get a link to make one for your own. Anyway, Aubrey absolutely loves it - so I thought I would share the link so you can all make it for your own kids.

3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

A Polynesian Christmas...sounds like it was fun!

Our Family said...

Thanks for the goodies- sad I missed Aubry bringing it to the door! I LOVE the pictures of you guys, and I am thankful for your friendship!

Karen said...

I love her dress. She is a doll. You're party sounds a lot better than what is happening over here. It is real lame and they refuse to have Santa! It really stinks. So I am glad that you had a good time.