Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

On friday, Aubrey & I & Cindy & JJ & Esther went to see Santa fly in on a helicopter to the mall. Aubrey was so excited about it all morning. I told her we were going to see Santa fly in and so the whole time we were getting ready she said, "Bye Bye - Ho Ho Ho" over and over again. Anything christmas is "Ho Ho Ho" to Aubrey.

Waiting for Santa to come.

Where is Santa, Aubrey asks? He was a half hour late!

At least we had fun dancing and laughing while we waited!

Watching in amazement as the helicopter flies in.


Santa is finally here! Hurray!


Aubrey was so amazed to see the helicopter fly in. I would ask her who was in the helicopter and she would respond, "Ho Ho Ho". Then when he came out she pointed and waved and continued her "ho ho ho's". It was really fun. Thanks for inviting us Cindy.


After watching Santa we did a little shopping and then back home. I picked up Aubrey a plastic nativity for her to play with. I have around 15 nativities in the house but most are very breakable. I wanted one that Aubrey could play with and that we could use to tell the story of the birth of Christ.


Aubrey having fun helping to set up her very own nativity. Since then she loves to carry the sheep all around the house. To Aubrey the animals are the most interesting part of the nativity!

Just like her t-shirt says, Aubrey loves Christmas!

We finally got around to decorating the Christmas tree on Sunday. Aubrey really enjoyed it. She helped with at least half of the decorations. Now we are having trouble helping her understand that even though she got to touch the ornaments when we decorated, she can't touch them now. Hopefully, we won't end up with a christmas tree on the floor!

One of my favorite decorations is the christmas village - I am glad we got that up last night!


Aubrey's New Love!

We celebrated Aubrey's 1st birthday at Chuck E Cheese's. We brought home a Chuck E Cheese lunch pail. She has played with it here and there every once in a while. But, it didn't hold her interest for too long. Well on tuesday we went to Chuck E Cheese again. On Thursday, Aubrey found her lunch pail and came running into the room to show me. She was pointing at the characters and laughing and dancing. She was so excited to recognize the characters that sang and danced for her on Tuesday. Since then she has been carrying it around almost non-stop. When she can't find it she will come up to me and start dancing. That is her sign for Chuck E Cheese. Apparently, the dancing Chuck E Cheese and friends were a big hit with Aubrey!

Getting the lunch pail at her birthday party.

Carrying it around almost constantly the last few days!

7 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

That would've been so cool to see Santa in a heli. Sean would've loved that! What a way to welcome in the season!

Anonymous said...

We've never tried Chuck-E-Cheese yet with Molly...I'm thinking we might have to go some day. Now that it's cold, I'm looking for something to do! Aubrey is looking as cute as ever! BTW...how is pregnant life going?

Anonymous said...

Aubry's T and Nativity are just way too cute:) I have never seen Santa use a Heli to get around!

Summer Carlile said...

So fun I wish I could have been there for it.

Jules said...

I am glad I found your blog!! Aubrey's hat is so cute! and I love that little nativity. I should get one for Easton and then maybe he won't play with the nice one....

Jules said...

btw, you did great tonight!

Esther Attridge said...

You should make this hat next for aubs - super cute :)

http://tutusandturtles.blogspot.com/2008/12/newsboy-hat.html