Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bringing Home Baby Brooke

We got to bring home Brooke Saturday late afternoon. It was nice having our little family home together. Aubrey was so much more comfortable and interested in Brooke once we got her home.

I had to get a shot of this cute little body before I put her in her outfit to come home.

When we found out what a tiny little thing she was, Daddy and Aubrey went and picked out a little preemie coming home outfit. She certainly did not enjoy getting it put on!

Me and my sweet tiny angel ready to go home.

I can't believe how small Brooke looks compared to the rest of us.

She did pretty good getting into the car seat. She only fussed a little and when she did Aubrey ran right over to her and sang her a little song to make her happy. It was so sweet. Now every time Brooke cries Aubrey will sing her a song or pat her on the belly or head. She is being such a sweet big sister and hasn't really acted jealous at all.

The whole ride home, Aubrey just stared in wonder at her little baby sister next to her. Brooke started to fuss a little and Aubrey said, "Don't cry Baby Brooke." She was so concerned for her.

Brooke is trying out her bassinet for the first time. I thought she looked so pretty in pink!

After I took my hospital wristbands off, Aubrey wanted to have them on her.

That evening as I was nursing Brooke, Aubrey came over to the side of the bed with a few stories. She started flipping the pages and talking about what she saw on the pages. I asked her if she was reading the story and she responded, "Yeah, Baby Brooke". She was reading the story to her baby sister. It was just so cute!

7 comments:

Nelson Family said...

What a good big sister Aubrey is!! Brooke is so cute and tiny.. Addison was almost 9 lbs and we thought she looked tiny but not anymore!! :)

Chris and Sara said...

Congratulations! A little unexpected (so soon), but we're so happy that she is so healthy and already came home. What a miracle! Hope you enjoyed Easter with your little girls.

Karen said...

She does look good in pink. Hope you had a Happy Easter. Your girls are so precious.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you and Brooke are home and doing well!! What a sweet little sister, I am sure she was just so excited to be with her family she just could not wait any longer:) What fun to have two beautiful daughters, I hope they will always be the best of friends;)

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

Heather! I was just browing blogs and I found yours!!! I didn't even know you were expecting. Congrats on the new little one and hope to hear from you soon!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Heather!!!! Welcome to sleepless nights again! It is all worth it though.

-Kim

Keri said...

She is so adorable. Aubrey looks gigantic now!