Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

I have always really loved Conference Weekend. Being all comfy and watching some great talks all weekend is really great. Well it certainly is not the same with a very busy toddler who likes to have lots of attention. But, I did enjoy the parts of the talks that I actually heard!

This morning as conference was starting I told Aubrey to go into the Family Room to watch conference and I'd meet her there in a minute. When I got there she had sat herself and her animal friends on the couch and was watching conference. It was so cute! Her sitting there of course only lasted a few minutes.

For breakfast we had chocolate chip pancakes. Halfway through the meal I noticed Aubrey was covered in chocolate. So I called her my little cookie monster. Throughout the rest of the meal she said, "Aubrey cookie monster". Actually her pronunciation was "Aubrey too-ie ma-er". Then she started calling mommy and daddy cookie monsters. She's a funny little thing.

Also this weekend Aubrey began to say her full name - Aubrey Kaye Buell. (She pronounces it Aubrey Taye Bull)

She also wants Jeff and I to come and see whatever she is doing. She will do something with her animals like put them to bed or put them on the rocker with stories and then come running to us, grab our hands and say, "see it." It's quite cute how proud she is of everything she does. The other day she put her stuffed lamb through the whole bedtime ritual. I thought the cutest part was when she took the lamb to the front room where we have our evening devotionals. She got me to come in and get her scriptures, then she read scriptures to the lamb and said prayers. It is never too early to start a good habit I guess. It made my heart melt!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

oh my Gosh! She is growing up so fast! I love the pictures of her with her darling little braids and pushing her stroller. You are going to have so much fun with watching her be a big sister.
ONLY 4 more weeks. Yahoo!!

I love how she gets her scriptures and reads to her lamb. That is priceless.
I remember Boston at this age was sitting in the dryer and acting like he was reading his scriptures, it was hilarious!

Nelson Family said...

What a cutie pie!! I can't wait until Addison is able to talk and do fun stuff like that!