Friday, April 10, 2009

Ready or Not Here I Come


Brooke Emma Buell
April 9, 2009
4:35 p.m.
5 lbs 14 oz
18 inches


We had a very big surprise yesterday afternoon when we discovered that I was in labor. Brooke's due date was exactly 4 weeks away and I had counted on every single one of those weeks to get prepared. But, Brooke apparently was ready to come join our family. I was actually in labor for a couple of days and had convinced myself that it was just indigestion. When I finally noticed that my "indigestion pains" were coming every 5 min., I figured I should call the midwives just in case. They sent me to the hospital where the hospital staff had to convince me that I was actually in labor.


Everything went really well. Jeff is a fabulous labor support partner and my midwife Sue and nurse Natalie were great also. The labor went really well and about 5 hours after we got to the hospital our sweet little Brooke was born. We were a little worried about her lung development being that she was so early - but they say that she looks great.


My sweet husband was up until 3 am last night getting all of the baby stuff out of the shed and building a bassinet and trying to finish up Aubrey's new room. What a keeper!


We had lots of visitors to welcome Brooke into the world. Aubrey was intrigued by the whole thing. She knew who Baby Brooke was immediately, held her with Mommy for a few minutes and then felt content to play in the hospital room with her toys.


My parents left yesterday afternoon and got in about 2 am. They got to come and see Brooke this morning.


We're now a family of four!

Me and My Girls!

The proud dad!

After her bath she was quite alert for awhile and I got to get a few pics with her eyes open.


I had intended on uploading several more pictures, but the hospital internet is slow and I need a nap. So stay tuned for more pictures!

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations Jeff and Heather (and Aubrey)!

Brooke is beautiful!

Esther Attridge said...

Welcome little lady!! We can wait to hold you and play with you more

Jessica Munk said...

Wow!! Congratulations! Wow! That is all I can say! I am so glad things went so well with her being so early. She is adorable and Aubrey is so sweet with her! And a blog post less than 24 hrs later?! You are very on top of things! Glad see you are doing good too!

Christa said...

We are so happy for you!!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Heather and Aubrey...and Jeff! Wish we could be there to see little Brooke...she's beautiful. We're so happy for you guys. Guess she just wanted to get here in time for all the good Easter treats, huh!?!

Jules said...

congrats! she is adorable! glad things are well--early babies are always a surprise!

Keri said...

Wow... Congratulations kids! She is gorgeous! What a surprise for you guys. Hopefully Mom and baby are healthy and doing well... she looks a lot like Aubrey, how adorable!

Our Family said...

Congrats!

John and Ann Tolman said...

She is a another doll.aggestSounds like the Easter Bunny will be bringing an extra basket to your house hopefully with lots of diapers!!! Glad Aunt Sally got there in time to help with getting the sleep you will need...

Karen said...

So glad to see pictures. She is a doll. Good luck adjusting to life with two! Brooke is a beauty.

Shannon said...

oh Heather, it brought a tear to my eye. She is so beautiful, and i love that first picture! Look at your darling little family. Who would have thought you had years of infertility! It just gives me chills how the Lord prepares us in his own way.
You are a wonderful Mother, especially b/c your blogging in the Hospital. haha
Love you.

Congratulations!
She looks just perfect, and suprisingly not so little.

Chanté said...

I'm so thrilled for you guys! She's beautiful and you look so happy and just fantastic. Congrats!

Christi Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christi Williams said...

My little Lindsay came exactly 4 weeks early, what a wonderful surprise!! We are so happy for you. I can't express the joy in my heart when I see you holding those beautiful children. I know the Lord answered the desires of my heart too.
We love you :-)

Andy said...

What a wonderful surprise! She's beautiful Heather - Congratulations!

julie said...

Congratulations, she is so pretty.

The Mann Family said...

Congratulations Heather! And WOW was that quick! What a beautiful baby! In that first picture she looks so much like Aubrey when she was born! And I LOVE the name :)

Tolman Family said...

Again, Congratulations! She's beautiful! Love the cheeks already! Glad all is well. So, considering the way she entered the world that might give you an idea of her personality to come...Ready or not, her she comes. Brooke's way or the highway :)

Take care!

Michelle said...

Congrats Heather!! I am so jealous since we were due at the same time and I am still pregnant (and so ready to not be). She is beautiful!! An early Easter surprise!!! -Michelle Kelly

Nelson Family said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! Little girls are the best!!