Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ladybug Room for a Little Lady

We finished Aubrey's ladybug room. Well sort of. We didn't get to paint the white polk a dots on the top part of the wall as we had planned. But maybe after life slows down a bit we will paint those on!





My friend Amy Lindsey took these darling pictures of Aubrey in her Ladybug costume and they look just perfect on the wall!



I didn't want anything hard above Aubrey's bed so I made these quilt squares . . .



. . . and a fabric frame.



I found these white lunch pails at Roberts and painted them to match her room. They are for her hair bands and bracelets.



We finished it at night while Aubrey was sleeping. The next morning we took her in to see it. She immediately had to have all of the things she usually sleeps with and jumped in to bed.


We are not quite ready to transition Aubrey to the toddler bed. We figure having a newborn and making a transition at the same time would be really hard. So we'll wait a few months before we complete the transition. But, I am so glad that we got it done. Jeff is a superstar to work so hard even after Brooke made her surprise early appearance!

8 comments:

Chanté said...

It's beautiful! I love it! I love all the pictures you have. You have such a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, what a fun room to grow up in!!!!

Lyndee W. said...

I'm jealous!

John and Ann Tolman said...

So cute! Good luck with both arms full. When mine were early everything seemed to fall into place too.

aubrie said...

Heather, I just found your blog and it's so fun! Aubrey's room looks awesome, I'm so impressed!

Idaho Penningtons said...

Very cute! Minnie Mouse would also fit in your room well!

Karen said...

Love it. And I love that you still have the baby ticker up! Ahhh, the joys of two. Hope everyone is feeling great.

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

love the ladybugs!! they're awesome!