Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Eggs

For Family Home Evening we decided to color Easter Eggs. Aubrey enjoyed putting the eggs in the cups and watching them turn different colors. But her favorite part was putting stickers on at the end.

We bought glitter eggs this year - here is Aubrey shaking the egg in glitter.

Hurray I love stickers!

Our finished eggs. Not exactly works of art but certainly covered in stickers.

My Sweet Aubrey

During Priesthood session on Saturday my sisters Summer & Esther came by. Aubrey just wanted us to watch her play - so we sat in her room and watched her put on an Aubrey show. Anyway, we started talking about a time when our nephew was saying his aunts were pretty. So, I asked Aubrey, "Is Aunt Summer pretty?" and she responded "yeah". Then I asked, "Is Aunt Esther pretty?" and once again she responded "yeah". She then went back to playing and we started talking about something else. A few minutes later she comes running up to me and says, "Mommy pretty." What a little sweetheart. That's the first real compliment I've gotten from my little bug - and I LOVED it!

So before I tell this next story you need to know something about Aubrey. She has almost no tolerance for pain. This girl fusses over everything: getting her hair done, barely stubbing her toe, her friend barely touching her. Anyway, you get the picture. So today Aubrey was happily putting her Bingo doggy through the bedtime ritual. So, I started working on a little project. I heard her go into our bedroom and figured that she was doing story time. After a little while, I finished my project and went in to check on her. She had decided that Bingo needed a tubby so she had put him in the tub. She must have gotten inside herself, because everything that had once been on the side of the tub and on the shelf were on the bottom of the tub. I started picking up the soaps and shampoos. As I am picking them up I notice both Jeff and my razors in the tub. I think, "I am so glad she didn't cut herself on one of those." Then I notice that she had spilled a pile of soap in the tub. Since I hadn't gotten ready for the day, I decided I would use up the soap in a bubble bath. So I get in and Aubrey is happily playing in our bedroom. After several minutes, I hear Aubrey say, "hurt finger". I figure she just hit it against something and was on her way in for me to kiss it better. When she gets to me and holds out her hand, I find dried blood all over her hand. As I am washing it off, I can tell it looks like a slice. So I asked her if she cut herself on our razor. She says "yeah" as she points to Jeff's razor. Luckily it wasn't terribly deep. But what gets me is that she never cried or fussed about it! The one time she has actually hurt herself and not a peep comes out of her. What a funny little thing. She did cry though as I was putting a band aid on her. But she has been proud of her band aid ever since. She showed all of her animals her hurt finger with a band aid.

3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

It's the typical kid reaction to pain {Sean still does it sometimes}...you only get a tear or a fuss when there's someone around to make a big deal out of it. If you aren't in the room it's not big deal. However, I can relate to her...I have no tolerance for pain either!

Christa said...

Heather, I love how you are always doing fun things with Aubrey! You are a fun mom! I love the eggs- very creative!

Tolman Family said...

Bet you didn't think this would be your last blog before Brooke! She's beautiful. Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pictures. Take care.

{love} Libby and boys