Friday, March 12, 2010

What would we do without our Aubrey

My Aubrey sure adds spice and flavor to our lives. That girl can make me laugh and smile more than anyone, but can also push my buttons faster than anyone. She is funny, cute, sweet, smart and creative, but is also stubborn, particular, naughty and fussy. Life would sure not be the same without that little energetic monkey!

I put some of her funnies on facebook, but I want them here too so that when I finally do a blogbook, they'll be in it. So here are her most recent funnies.

She was supposed to be taking a nap one day, but wasn't. It didn't help that I was in the room across the hall with Uncle Elliot. Finally at 4:30 she still hadn't gone to sleep and I knew it was too late to nap. So, I went into her room and told her it was too late to nap and she could come out. She got so excited and said, "So I can play!" (Like she hadn't been already.) Then she wrapped her arms around me and said, "You're the best mom ever!" I just chuckled hearing that from my 2 year old. The other day when she wanted her bib untied she said to Jeff, "You can untie my bib because you're the best dad ever." He said something like, "It sounds like you love me a lot." Aubrey replied, "Yes I do. I love you to pieces and pieces and pieces!" It's funny how happy that makes you feel even though you know she's just kissing up!

Lately when I ask her to do things, as she goes off to do them she says, "I have a mission to do!"

One day I saw Aubrey passing the remote control aggressively between her hands. As she was doing this she was saying, "It's mine, no it's mine." She saw me watching and said to me, "My hands aren't sharing!"

A couple weeks back she was being naughty, when I started scolding her she said, "Sometimes I do things that I'm not supposed to do, but you can be happy anyway."

She loves the story of Goldilocks & the 3 bears. One day she got out of the tub and was fussing because she was too cold. I said to her, "You're Coldilocks." She thought that was hilarious and laughed and laughed and started calling herself Coldilocks. I got her jammies on her and she said with a big smile, "Now I'm Warmilocks!" She now does this on a regular basis after her tub. It makes me smile every time!

Aubrey loves to make up songs and stories. She even remembers the songs she has made up and sings them all of the time. She made up the "Number Song" with a cute little tune that goes, "1,2,3,6,7,8,9,10 do do do do do do do." Yes I know the 4 & 5 are missing - I can't figure out where they have gone either! Her stories are cute because they are something like this, "Once upon a time there was a little girl named Aubrey. She had a mommy and a daddy and a little sissy pie. One day they played house and ate lunch and then went to bed when it was dark. The end." We are still missing a plot and climax - but we are on our way to story writing! I think it's especially fun because when I was a little older then her I LOVED to write stories and wanted to be an author some day. Like mother like daughter.

Oh how she makes me laugh and can just brighten my day!

This is how I found Aubrey the other day. Shirt, underpants and mommies shoes. I thought she looked too cute!



Both girls have been loving the shower lately. Aubrey asks me to put it on just about every time they take a bath. Brooke just smiles and laughs and tries to catch the water.



One day after the shower Aubrey said to me, "I wish it was raining and we could take the tubby outside and it would be like it's a shower everywhere!"



Oh what do I do about Aubrey's parties. Ever since her 2 year old birthday party last year, Aubrey makes her own parties on an almost daily basis. Now her parties, concerts, picnics, circus', etc. consist of taking out every possible toy she can find in a room and either making a pile or a line with them. At first I thought it was cute and was glad that she could entertain herself with it so long. But after about a year of doing it I am so DONE with it. This is how my house looked the other day.

Here's the hallway


Here's her bedroom.


And here's the family room.


And if I, Jeff or Brooke touch anything in her party, she has a fit. It is not fun when Brooke wants to play and EVERYTHING is being occupied by Aubrey's party. Lately I have let Aubrey know that Brooke can play with the things in her party and when she's done then Aubrey can put them back. It's working better, but I still have to remind her most times. It's getting so old. I just don't know what to do about it. On one hand the fights and the mess are driving me nuts. But on the other hand I don't want to stifle her creativity and I love that it occupies her time, so I can get other stuff done. Anyway, I'll probably just have to live with the parties until they die down on their own!

For FHE this week we went over Emergency Preparedness. We did mock fire and earthquake drills that Aubrey LOVED! Then we went through our 72 hour kits to see what we needed to add. Jeff had Aubrey pick out some toys for her and Brooke to go in the kit. When we were talking about the food in them Aubrey really wanted to put some fruit snacks in it, so we did. After FHE I heard Aubrey saying to herself, "If the earth shakes cause it's and earthquake then we'll go away together to a far away land and eat fruit snacks!" She loves her fruit snacks so much I think she's hoping for a disaster so she can eat them!

Then on Tuesday she told me that it was an earthquake. She went and packed a little bag and told me that we needed to go somewhere to be safe. When daddy came home for lunch she said, "I'm going to turn my light off and get in bed like I'm sleeping. You make the beep beep sound. I'll yell 'fire fire' and crawl to you guys." Apparently our drills made quite an impression on her!

Then that evening this is the conversation we had:

Aubrey - "Next family home evening I want to do the lesson."
Me - "Oh really, what are you going to teach us."
Aubrey - "How to be safe and eat food so that we don't get too hungry."
Me - "That sounds like a good lesson."

I think we'll just have to let her do the lesson on Monday! She is just too funny and cute for words!

Oh how I ADORE that "little big girl." (That's her new nickname.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! It's so much fun to hear stories about kids this age, they do and say the funniest things! And it's nice to see other kids doing some of the things that Molly does that drive me crazy...at least she's not the only one! Aubrey is just so creative, it's amazing.

Summer Carlile said...

She cracks me up too!