Saturday, March 20, 2010

Movie Night

When I found out that the Disney Channel was going to show "Snow White" tonight, I decided that we'd have a little family Movie Night. We made homemade pizza and cookies for our little party.

Aubrey of course wanted to help make the pizza. She spread the sauce and put on the pepperoni all by herself. She is getting to be so capable of doing so many things.



She also kept sneaking off some of the cheese to sample.



When I was teaching her how to do the sauce I started singing a little song. Why you might ask? Well why would you merely speak directions when you could sing them. (That must be my motto, since I break out into song quite frequently.)

Anyway, the rest of the time we were making pizza, Aubrey sang the song the whole time. It was so darling - I had to take a little video.



When the pizza timer beeped Aubrey got so excited and exclaimed, "Mom the pizza's done, the pizza's done, it's time to put on the movie!"



Havin' fun watching the show and hangin' with our girls.



Aubrey really enjoyed Snow White. After all it has lots of animals, music, a witch and a "monster mirror." All of Aubrey's favorite things. While I was getting her ready for bed she was singing, "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work we go . . ." and she was talking about our next "Movie Night". She said, "I hope that the Disney Channel will put on this show (The Lion King) for our next Movie Night." It was fun just hanging out as a family. It's really nice when we have some down time to spend time together.

1 comment:

Karen said...

So fun. I have to say we wathced Snow White a few weeks ago and we too had a movie night. Katie enjoyed the show but the older ones were not impressed. Your girls are super cute. Can't wait to see you all this summer.