Thursday, March 11, 2010

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie


I was so excited when I saw that a local theater was putting on a play of, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." That was one of Aubrey's first favorite stories, and going to plays is one of my favorite things to do. The daytime showings were for school groups, but when I called they said I could get my own group together and go. A bunch of us neighbors got together and took our little ones to see it. I thought it was really cute. Both of my girls did very well. Brooke watched almost the entire thing (which was very surprising to me.)

When I told Aubrey we would be going, she said, "I have to bring my storybook with me." So, here are my girls with their mouse stories, ready to go to their first play.



They had a scene all set up for photos. Luckily my friend Jessica brought her camera and took a picture for me.



When we got home it was lunch time. All during lunch this is what Aubrey was saying, "If you give an Aubrey a taquito, she'll want some grapes to go with it, if you give her the grapes, she'll probably ask you for a sippy cup. Then she'll want some water to go with it . . . " It was way too cute!

It was a lot of fun going with our friends and neighbors! Thanks for coming all of you!

1 comment:

Esther Attridge said...

how fun!! and let's just be honest - that is the best book ever