Saturday, March 20, 2010

Party Prep

I discovered last year how much I enjoy throwing birthday parties for my kids. Immediately after Aubrey's Pooh Party last year, I started thinking about her next party. Kinda crazy - I know. At first I thought we'd do a Dora party and put on a whole Dora adventure. Well, then she was invited to a Dora adventure party. It was darling, Ali did such a great job with it. So then I thought about doing a Tinkerbell party. Once again, Aubrey got an invite to a Tinkerbell party. It was so cute, Julie. When Aubrey fell in love with her Minnie Mouse doll that she got for Christmas, I finally decided on a Minnie Mouse party. Aubrey couldn't be more excited about it. After all, she really does love animal characters more then people! And it's still really girlie, so Mommy is happy about it too!

So, I've been really good friends with my sewing machine the last few weeks as I began preparing for her party. I had left over Red & White Polk-a-dot fabric from when I decorated Aubrey's ladybug room, so I used it to make Minnie Mouse outfits for my girls.







Aubrey has asked a few times as I was making them if she could wear them and be Minnie Mouse. I am thrilled, because she hasn't really gotten too much into dress up. I'm happy that she's excited to be Minnie Mouse for her party.

Here's a close up of the Minnie Mouse purses I made. I am very pleased with how they turned out!



Since I don't know how many little girls will be able to come, I had to make enough for the amount of girls we are planning to invite. I may end up with a lot of extra purses and mouse ears. (You can't see the mouse ears very well, since I took the pictures on a black surface.) Maybe I'll try and sell the extras.

Anyway, I am super excited about the progress I am making. All of my sewing is done, the front of the invitations are made. Now I'm on to the decorations and games.

And as I've been working on this party, I've already started planning out her next years party. I'm a nut, I know. Hopefully she is still loving My Little Ponies then because I have some super cute ideas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute Minnie outfits and the purse is adorable!