Sunday, March 14, 2010

So Happy

My Mom had me pick out some Easter dresses for the girls that would be from her and Dad. We looked at several stores and ALL of the fancy Easter dresses were sleeveless. So, Aubrey picked out her favorite and I was planning on having them wear cardigans with them. The only problem with cardigans is that it is too warm in the Summer to wear sweaters. So, I decided to try and make some sleeves. (BTW I like to play around with the sewing machine, but I am definitely NOT a seamstress!)

I couldn't believe it when I found the exact same sheer overlay fabric at Joanne's. It even came with a finished edge, so I didn't have to worry about how to make it look finished. Anyway, I was so pleased with how the sleeves turned out, that I had to share.

Before



After





I LOVE it when projects turn out even better than expected!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather those are the cutest and most pro looking sleeves! You are going to be in demand come prom season!!!

Tammy and Mark said...

Wow! Are you sure you are not a seamstress that dress looks amazing!!! I would have never guessed that dress did not come with those sleeves.

Nelson Family said...

Great job!! Can't even tell that you added them!! Such an adorable dress too!

Idaho Penningtons said...

This is just helping you prepare for a life time of Prom/Homecoming dances!!! There is never any cute dresses with sleeves! Lots of Dress makeovers!!!