Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Darling Girls

Brookie just LOVES to clap these days. She claps all of the time and it's just so cute. I got a little video of her clapping and signing "milk". It's so much fun seeing her so excited to be able to communicate with us.




Brooke just loves to see other babies. Whenever Clayson is over, she just can't get enough of him. We can't leave them both on the ground or she'd be all over him. I got a little video of Brooke trying to play with Clayson. I think she was trying to get him out of the car seat so she could play with him.



Brooke also started pointing this week. It's cute to see her pointing out all of the things that interest her. She also is so cute when she wants me to pick her up. She'll hop over to me and then raise her hands straight in the air. How can I not pick her up when she looks so stinkin' cute?!

A few mornings ago we ran off to the park without making my bed. When we got home I went to put Brooke down for a nap. I hear Aubrey in my room saying, "Mommy we forgot to make your bed. I'll make it for you." When I finished with Brooke, I went in my room to see this,



And this. (She had to get on top of the bed to pull the comforter up all of the way.)



The next day she wanted to make my bed again. I'm all too thrilled to let her do it.





This is how the bed looked after she was done. I did not help her at all. She did a pretty great job I must say! I think making the beds will be her special chore now.



One rainy day last week I bundled Aubrey up and let her go out and play. She loved playing with her umbrella, especially because it has a whistle on the handle.



Walking the garden wall is one of her favorite backyard games.



As she was walking the garden wall she got to a certain spot where we saw a spider last year. She stopped and said, "Oh, this is where the spider lives." It was an entire year ago and she remembered. That girls memory just surprises me every day.

I mentioned before that Aubrey likes to tell stories. The other day this is the story she told, "Once upon a time there was a Mommy and a Daddy. They had to wait a long time for their sweetie pies to come. And they lived happily ever after. The end." Too sweet.

This past week every time Aubrey enters a room where we are she yells, "Ta Da." What a funny little thing she is. What darling girls I've been blessed with. I tell them every day that I'm the luckiest mom in the world to have such sweet girls. Whenever Aubrey does something naughty and I let Aubrey know I am upset, she responds with, "But you're happy that you have your girls?" She sure knows how to butter me up!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I always love seeing your girls. Aubrey's hair is so long compared to my little one. I think it is so sweet to have little girls. They make life so fun.

Anonymous said...

Love the rain pictures, I loved playing in the spring rains as a child!