Saturday, March 13, 2010

More about my Brookie Bug



My sweet little one is growing up so fast. On Wednesday we went to story time. After the story everybody clapped. Brooke looked right down at her hands and started clapping too. She looked so pleased to be able to do what the big kids were doing.

I think she is starting to say a few words. It's hard to tell at this stage if they are just babbling or actually speaking. But a few times this week her babbles seemed more intentional. One day she hopped right over to a ball, put her hand on it and said, "ba". I wouldn't be surprised if ball were her first word because she just LOVES balls. Also sometimes when she is fussing and wants to be picked up she looks right up at me and says, "Mom Mom".



I love Brooke's little mohawks after we take out ponytails. They'll last all day!



For church a few weeks back I wanted to "try" and do something with Brooke's little bit of hair. I was actually able to get 2 teeny tiny braids in it. Then with massive amounts of hairspray I was able to make it curly. I thought it turned out pretty cute. And with all of that hairspray in her hair the braids actually stayed in!



When I was trying to take pictures of it, she kept looking up at the camera. At the time I was frustrated, but now I'm glad cause I got a couple of really cute pics of her.





I know I have mentioned before how much Brooke LOVES to eat. Lately she only wants to eat what we are eating. One day we were eating pizza and I was trying to feed her baby food. She just kept fussing and fussing. We finally realized that it was because she wanted the pizza. When we finally gave her some, she was happy as could be!

This is Brooke eating spaghetti for the first time. She was in love!



I love watching her concentration when she tries to pick up little tiny pieces of food.



I've mentioned before that Aubrey is not real interested in dolls, she prefers stuffed animals. I of course prefer dolls and keep hoping she'll get into them soon. Brooke on the other hand is starting to really like dolls. I love it. She looks so cute holding little baby dolls!





I have a little snack bowl with a top that the baby has to reach in to get the snacks. It's supposed to keep the snacks from spilling. I decided to try it out on Brooke. She figured it out right away. The problem was when she started hopping around and shaking the bowl, out tumbled the snacks.



Brookie just loves to play peek a boo with blankets & towels lately. It is too cute. She'll get one up over her head and just laugh and giggle. Then she'll pull it off and smile from ear to ear. She's such a cutie!



I mentioned in my last post about Brooke, that she started scooting forward this week! I remembered that I got a video of it that day. She has to work so hard, but she's doing it.



Because I'm hoping that the crawling is coming soon, I wanted to capture Brooke's bum hops one last time. I was trying to get footage of how quick she is getting. Of course, as soon as the camera came out, she was more interested in it than hopping. But, I thought the video was cute anyway!



If you see her from behind, you'll see why we call it bum hopping.



I just love watching Brooke's personality come more and more to life every day! She's just my little darling doll!

1 comment:

Jules said...

I love her smile. how can anyone be ornery with that smile around?