Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Under the Knife!


So, I have had a rough weekend. I have been having gall bladder attacks for the last little while - but they were only coming once a month. Well, last Monday I had one then again on Wednesday. On Saturday, one came on at 6 am and didn't go away! Finally, Monday morning, I could take the pain no longer! Jeff & Aubrey took me to the hospital. At the hospital we found out that I had 3 stones almost an inch in diameter and several smaller ones. My white blood cell count and billirubin levels were up also, which suggests an infection. So, I ended up going into surgery that afternoon! During surgery, Dr. Cook, found that my gall bladder was acutely infected and that there was a stone lodged in the bile duct, which was the cause of my persistent pain. Since it was infected, I wasn't able to have same day surgery. I am still recovering in the hospital, and hope to be able to go home tomorrow. I am in some pain, but it is much more manageable then the persistent pain from the stone! On the upside, Aubrey was such an angel at the hospital yesterday. She was there for 12 hours with almost no fussing! She reached for me once and I gave her a side hug and told her that daddy had to hold her today. From then on she was more than content to be with dad! That was such a blessing.

3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

I'm so sorry! Lyle just finished his 3 week recovery from having his gallbladder taken out! That kind of pain is the pits! I hope you recover quickly!

Karen said...

We are sure thinking of you lots. Jeff called and gave us the news. I about dropped the phone since I had no idea. I'm glad your getting better. Where's Aubrey today? Wish we were there to help. What a mess. Feel better soon.

The Mann Family said...

Oh I hope you are doing ok, Heather! Get better soon!