Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First Prenatal Checkup

We went to our first prenatal visit for the new baby. I had been telling Aubrey that we would be hearing the baby's heartbeat for the last couple of days. When we got there, we found out that they accidentally scheduled us in the 9th week instead of the 10th. Apparently, before the 10th week you usually can't hear the heartbeat. I was disappointed for myself and for Jeff and Aubrey. The midwife said she would try and see if she could find it. She was able to find it!! Aubrey was so interested. You can hear her talking (sort of) about it in the videos below.

A couple weeks ago, Aubrey noticed the chorister leading the music. She got a big smile and started waving her arms around too. During conference she got a kick out of leading the music during almost every musical number. She especially loved leading the children's choir. Anyway, above you can see her leading the Tabernacle choir.

Wearing my new fall outfit!

Going to my first birthday party for my friend Zoe!

Jeff has been trying for months to get his glasses on Aubrey. She is always too quick and swipes them away or turns her head. He was finally successful on Sunday. She even kept them on until mommy got there with the camera!

This face just cracks me up!

My little secretary.

After dinner tonight, I took a paper towel and was washing Aubrey's face and hands. She took it from me and started doing it herself. Then she began washing off her highchair. I let her down and she began washing every surface in the kitchen/family room. She washed the refrigerator, the coffee table, the blinds, her toys and as you can see above the floors! She was remembering helping daddy wash the floors on Saturday. She is finally earning her keep! HeHeHe

This evening we were sitting at the table visiting when Jeff went to get some cookies and milk. Aubrey, saw the cookies and reached out for one. Then she saw Jeff dipping his in the milk. She scooted right over to dip hers too! It was so cute! Two peas in a pod!

8 comments:

Summer Carlile said...

So if you are wondering why I deleted your comment on my blog it is because you posted as me. Apparently I was still signed into your computer funny huh. Thanks for the comment though.

Karen said...

Love seeing that Aubery. SO wish I could squeeze her. Glad you heard the heart beat. That is always so cool.

Chanté said...

She is such a darling little girl. And how fun to hear your baby's heartbeat!

The Mann Family said...

Aww I am so happy you could hear the heart beat. Such a special time!

Aubrey is turning into such a little cutie pie. I wish Parker tried to copy what I do more. I tried to make him clap yesterday and he cried. haha He seems to just like to throw things. Typical boy!

And your other post had Aubrey eating oatmeal with blueberries...how do u make it? I need new recipes for my child! He can't have peanut butter toast every single morning!

AshlynLaree said...

Heather!!! I can't believe you're pregnant! that is too exciting!!! I also can't believe how grown up Aubrey is! and, i've gotta say, her hair is gorgeous! i hope ashlyn gets curly cute hair! but I bet you are super excited!!! I hope you aren't having morning sickness or any of that non-fun pregnancy stuff.

Sara : Confetti Sunshine said...

oops... that last comment was from me, i was just signed into the wrong blogger account... sorry!

Anonymous said...

That is so wonderful that your new little family member shared with you:) Fun pictures of Aubrey being so cute!

Keri said...

I love the glasses... she looks like a little Phd.