Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Own Corner

On Monday afternoon I was laying on the couch waiting for a call back from my midwife. Aubrey, was contentedly playing in the family room and so I took the opportunity to rest for a bit. Aubrey kept running back and forth from the family room and then down the hallway. First, she was carrying stuffed animals with her and then she began carrying books. She would be gone for a few minutes and then would come back to get a new book and take off again. I wondered what she was doing, but the rest was too nice to interrupt. Finally, I had to get up for something and walked down the hall. She had found a corner in the kitchen next to a cabinet and had set up her stuffed animals. She was reading them stories. After she finished one, she would be off for the next one. It was just so cute! And I LOVE that she is learning to entertain herself more! (Notice how she is still in her pjs - I was too! It was one of those cold indoor in your pjs type days!)

2 comments:

Our Family said...

That honestly is so cute! I think that I will need to cll you tomorrow- I am not sure what the lesson is on, on Sunday? This is Shirlene. Oh and today was pj day for us too! :)

Shannon said...

Hey i love those indoor days where you stay in your jammies!!
She is so dang cute, i can't believe how entertained she was while you were resting. She must have some good books.
Too cute!