Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Princess Tea Party

Last year for Halloween, Aubrey was Snow White. She was so chubby that she could fit in an 18 month costume (even though she was only 6 months). Well, she is still wearing 18 month size so I knew that costume would still fit. I was hoping that somewhere around town they would have a princess themed something that she could wear Snow White too. I couldn't find anything, so I decided to get out Aubrey's tea set that Grandma Buell gave her and have Zoe over for a princess tea party.


We weren't sure if they were quite old enough to enjoy a tea party - but boy were we wrong. They totally loved it. As soon as they saw those tiny little dishes they knew it was just for them. I think they also loved sitting at a table and not being strapped into high chairs. They were so cute!! The day before Aubrey helped me make Blueberry/Bannana mini muffins. So we had the muffins and strawberries. We just had water to drink- cause we figured there would be spills. They both loved the little tea cups. Aubrey had to hold it by the little handle (I don't know how she knew that was the way you are supposed to hold it). And she did so good drinking from the cup all by herself! Anyway, it was a really fun morning. Here are pics and videos.






On an entirely different note, I had to have a physical today and didn't want to take Aubrey. So, she went to play with Zoe. She has never gone to anyone's house without me. I wasn't sure how she would do. But, she did great! She did not cry at all. Hooray for Aubrey! We are making leaps and bounds in the clingy department. Also, 2 weeks ago, Jeff didn't have to sub in Nursery - so he left her by herself during the 3rd hour. She lasted until about 5 min. before it was over. Which I considered quite a victory. I thought it would be a long time before she would stay at all.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

oh honey, she is the cutest snow white ever!
It looks like her hair is going Strawberry blonde, it's gorgeous!

I am still laughing at Jeff's Prank at work. That is so funny!

Lyndee W. said...

I agree with Shannon...her hair is turning the most gorgeous shade! She looks so cute with that little teacup!

Karen said...

I love that little one. Give her a squeeze for us. When Katie and her get together I am sure they would love to do that. Have a great Halloween.

Keri said...

Am I too old to be adopted by you guys?? Thought so. Besides, I guess I wouldn't fit into the princess dress, even though I would LOVE to try!