Saturday, May 23, 2009

CONGRATULATIONS Jeff


This week Jeff officially became an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)! Hurray! It has been a long process and he has worked hard. I am real proud of you Jeff for completing the requirements to become an LCSW!

Funny Aubrey

Today I was nursing Brooke and Aubrey was pushing her toy pig in the stroller. She stopped by the door where I was and stopped and pulled out her pig. Then she lifted up her shirt and put the piggy under her shirt. I wasn't thinking and asked if the piggy was in her belly like Brooke used to be in Mommy's belly. Aubrey then said, "Aubrey feeding piggy - mommy feeding Brooke." It gave me a good chuckle to see Aubrey nursing her piggy!

We went for a walk this afternoon and on the way inside we picked up the mail. Aubrey wanted to hold it, so I gave her the non essentials. I went into the kitchen to make lunch. I called for Aubrey that lunch was ready and she said, "Aubrey reading mail." She looked so cute going through each piece and inspecting it thoroughly.



I ran a few errands this afternoon and came home to Jeff vacuuming. Aubrey came running up to me saying "Vacuum" in a real concerned manner. I realized Aubrey couldn't find her vacuum. Aubrey always "helps" vacuum whenever I vacuum. So I got it for her and she was real cute helping daddy vacuum!


The other day while I was blogging the last post, Aubrey came in asking to color. So I set her up on her little table and chairs with a notebook and markers. She thought that was real fun, cause she hasn't used her table and chairs for anything other than playing kitchen. Anyway, her room is right across from the where the computer is, so I knew I could check on her. I checked on her a few times and she was just having a blast coloring. A little while later we hear Jeff coming home from work. It must have been a little while since I had checked on her. Anyway, Aubrey runs out of her room and runs to Jeff. She says, "Uh oh daddy markers." I wonder what is going on and go out to see her arms covered in markers. She must have known that was wrong and was trying to convince daddy that it happened by accident. Funny kid. Anyway, it's nice to know that she was not the least bit afraid of me catching her doing it - only daddy coming home made her nervous. What a little monkey. Anyway, I almost took a picture of her rainbow colored arms, but then thought it might encourage her to do it again. I am glad though that it was her arms and not the walls or furniture, toys or books!




Baby Brooke

Brooke went 5 hours between nursing last night! Hallelujah! I hope this trend continues. It was nice to see 3:00 on the clock instead of the usual 12:30 and then 2:30 and then 4:30 and then 6:30. I almost couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the clock. It was so wonderful. Here's hoping that tonight will be more of the same!

Brooke has also started taking to the Bouncy chair. She has even stayed in their a few times awake and not cried. It's nice to have some more time hands free!



She is also starting to get some real good chubby cheeks! I was hoping for another set of Aubrey cheeks and she is on her way! The rest of her body is still pretty lean - but those cheeks are coming along real nice!

5 comments:

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

you always have so much to talk about! sometimes i have a really hard time coming up with a post once a week. but your daughter is hilarious! and i love how jeff wears the snugly when he's vacuuming.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jeff! The girls are cute as always!!! Best wishes on long continued 5 hour stretches:)

All Ten Tanners said...

Yipee! You've all been working toward this goal for a long time! It's great that it's done and what a relief! We're happy for you - way to go! Love T & D and fam

Lyndee W. said...

I love your new blog header! Great job! I really think Brooke looks like Jeff...maybe she changes when her eyes are open, but every sleeping picture I see of her she looks like Jeff. Congrats to Jeff!

Nelson Family said...

Both your girls are so adorable!! We are almost 4 mos old and still only sleeping about 4 hrs at a time between feedings at night. Sigh!! :) So I feel your pain!