Friday, May 29, 2009

Just another week

We had a real laid back Memorial Day. We just hung out in the backyard while Jeff made a trellis for our peas. Then in the afternoon, Aubrey wanted to go for a walk - so we just took a stroll around the neighborhood. While we were out, Aubrey was loving all of the flags. She wanted to go and touch them all - so we promised her when we got home she could touch our flag.

I wanted to get a cute pic of Aubrey in her red, white & blue with the flag - but she wasn't cooperative.

Aubrey is such a girlie girl. She still loves her hair supplies that she got for her birthday. I love to see the cute bag on her arm while she finds the spot that she wants to sit and do her hair. When she is done she always says, "Aubrey all ready - Aubrey go bye bye."

I decided that it is pretty near impossible to get a cute pic. of a toddler and an infant together. Not the most flattering pic. of Brooke - but I love how much Aubrey loves to see and hold her little sis. I think you can see the admiration in her expression in this picture. She sometimes calls Brooke "Aubrey's baby sissy".

With Brooke being so fussy lately - we decided to give the pacifier a try this week. Both of my girls have not been "naturals" at nursing - so I like to hold off on the pacifier until they are at least 6 weeks and are doing well at nursing. Anyway, she likes it sometimes and hates it at others. That's kind of how Aubrey was. I don't mind that - cause Aubrey was super easy to ween - since she wasn't totally attached.

I put Brooke in the crib for a few minutes while I changed Aubrey's diaper this afternoon. Aubrey thought that was really fun and when we finished with her diaper she went over and started talking to her and holding her hand. So sweet. She wanted to get in with her - but I didn't think that was the best idea!

Brooke is starting to grow so much these last few weeks. She gained almost a pound in one week. We might have another chubby baby after all!
A few days ago while I was making dinner, I heard Aubrey say "Kneel down and pray." She then knelt by the coffee table and said, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you." That was all her prayer was, but that's a start. She also has been funny this week - if we don't thank Heavenly Father for each of the family members she will remind us and make us pray again. She also really loves temples. This week the Ensign came and she was looking at it. The back has a picture of the temple. She saw it and real excitedly said, "Temple!" Then she said, "Mommy Daddy marry temple, Aubrey marry Temple someday." I love it!

This week Aubrey has started counting to 10. It's so cute. She will either point at things and count to 10 or jump up and down 10 times while counting. I love seeing all of her progress. She also likes to point out letters while she is reading. If she sees an A she will point it out and say, "A for Aubrey." She does the same for M, D & B. (M for Mommy, D for Daddy and B for Brooke.) It's amazing what these little people can learn and retain. Before I met Jeff I had considered getting an advanced degree in Child Psychology and I wanted to do research on child development. That plan changed when we got married and I needed to put Jeff through his masters program. But, it is certainly fun watching a child develop right before my eyes. I am so excited to get to watch a second one and see the similarities and difference. They are my little research subjects!



1 comment:

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

i love seeing your pics of the 2 of them together. it reminds me of years gone by...