Sunday, May 10, 2009

A HAPPY Mother's Day

This year is the first year that I've had my own child able to wish me a "Happy Mother's Day". It was so sweet, so of course I had to record it and share it with the world!

And since we had the video camera out, I wanted to tape Aubrey saying her full name. She's been saying it for awhile now and it is so darling. She even refers to herself as, "Aubrey Taye Bull" (Aubrey Kaye Buell is her actual full name) all of the time. When she says it fast it sounds like "Aubrey Table." Funny girl.

My little family treated me real well this mother's day! My first gift was from my little Brooke. She gave me the best Mother's day gift that she possibly could have. She actually SLEPT quietly between feedings last night. We even got 3 hours of consecutive sleep between one feeding. That feels fabulous after a week of an hour here and a half hour there. I felt so much better in the morning and it started out my mother's day in such a great way!


Aubrey slept in her Big Girl bed last night for the first time! She did really well for her first night. We only had to work with her for an hour on staying in bed. She kept running out that first 45 min. So Jeff sat right outside her door, so as soon as she opened it, he sent her back before she could run out. After two times of this she said, "Daddy go bye bye". When he told her he wasn't going anywhere, she knew he meant business and so stayed in bed the rest of the night. At 6:45 this morning she came running in to wake us up.

After some hugs and kisses, she went and made us breakfast in bed. Now this is my family's tradition on special occasions. Aubrey must have had a genetic predisposition to this because she did it without any foreknowledge of the tradition. The food was of course, air food and plastic food on little plastic dishes, but it was the thought that counted! She made "pantakes" for me, "mac cheese" for daddy and "wa wa" for us both.


Then daddy took Aubrey out of the room and let mommy get a little more shut eye. While I was sleeping, daddy made the real breakfast for me. French Toast, bacon and hash browns - my favs! It was delicious!


Then I got Aubrey ready for church while daddy got ready. He took Aubrey to sacrament meeting and Sunday school. They came home and watched Brooke while I got to go to the special Mother's day Relief Society. In our ward the youth and men take over all of the primary callings, so that all of the women can attend RS on Mother's day. They also serve us cinnamon rolls and fruit. It is such a nice treat!


While I was at church, daddy helped Aubrey make a special Mother's day card for me and they picked some blossoms from our bush for the table. They had Aubrey's card and daddy's card and the blossoms on the table displayed for me when I came home.

Then it was nap time for me and the girls. While we were sleeping Jeff made us a divine dinner of Ham, twice baked potatoes and spinach salad - with brownies for desert. It was so good. And for my gift, I get to make a blog book! I am so excited to make one - since this has been my journal and scrapbook for the last year!

It was such a great mother's day! Thanks Jeff for working so hard to make my day so great. You are one of a kind! I LOVE you and all that you do for me!



I wanted to wish my Mother & Mother in law a Happy Mother's day as well!


Thanks mom for always being there for us kids when we need it. My mom would sacrifice anything for her kids. She is always willing to drive or fly out when anyone needs her. I can't thank you enough mom for all of the help after the birth of both of my girls and after my gall bladder surgery! You know exactly what we need and work so hard for us. I love seeing you with my girls too. I know Aubrey had so much fun spending tons of time with you last month! She still calls the guest bed pillows "Na Na's pillows". Thanks for always being a great example of sacrifice and love. I know I am a better mother because of you! I love you!


Also, thank you to my mother in law for also being such a wonderful mother and grandmother. You raised such a good and sweet boy - and I am eternally grateful to you for that. You have always been so thoughtful and kind to me. You also are such a sweet grandmother. You send Aubrey the sweetest little gifts for every occasion. You know exactly what she likes and she gets so excited to get presents from you. I love that you want to hear all of the stories about our girls. We certainly love sharing stories and it makes us feel so good when you are so excited to hear every detail. We love you and can't wait to see you in a few months!


Happy Mother's day to all of you wonderful mother's out there!


Pics from the last couple of days:


While Jeff and Aubrey were at church, I thought it would be fun to put Brooke in a dress for the first time. After all, it was Sunday and Mother's day. I wanted to get some cute pics of her - but she certainly wasn't cooperative!

This is what she thought of the experience!

"Mom just please hurry up and finish."

"Whatchoo talkin' about Willis?" (Any Different Strokes Fans out there)

This is the best one I got. Hopefully she'll get better at this - cause I am certainly not putting down my camera!

Here's Aubrey all ready for church. After Aubrey wore the cute headband last week - I had to make a headband to match her dress from Zoe this week. Rachel made the cute bow and brought extra ribbon in case I wanted to make another. Instead it became a headband. I thought it turned out so cute (if I do say so myself!)

Brooke turned 1 month yesterday. I can't believe it has been a month!

She does this cute little pucker with her lips all of the time. They are just calling us to kiss them!

I had to get a pic of Aubrey's curly locks. Her hair is growing so much and the curls are still in full force! Aren't they just adorable!

Aubrey is too cool!

Dr. Aubrey - I swear this girl is going to grow up to be a Veterinarian.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Such a fun post. There are two things I have to comment on. Yeah for the blog book. You will LOVE it. And second the joys of the toddler bed. It is such a nightmare at first. Good luck. Good thing Jeff stayed put. We do that to but then it turns into seeing who will last the longest. They are smart at that age. Have a great week and I hope Brooke keeps sleeping.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are such cuties! I am so glad you got a few badly needed hours of sleep and a fantastic day! Happy Mothers Day.

Christi Williams said...

I love seeing you with those babies in your arms, they are so cute!! What a blessing. Happy Mother's Day.

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

You sound like you had a great day! And I love your ward's tradition. This year our ward had a dessert buffet table. But of course I got called in to sub in Primary. So I snuck some out before. Your girls are sooooooooo cute!!!

Karine Jones said...

Hi Heather! I found your blog through Natalie's blog. I hope you don't mind me peeking in on you! You can email me at keenkarine@yahoo.com and I'll invite you to see my blog as well! (It's set as private right now.) Your girls are so beautiful! Congratulations and take care!