Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our Week

So, this week has been quite a bit harder than the previous weeks with our new little munchkin. Brooke's first couple of weeks she almost never cried - slept whenever she wasn't eating - and caused almost no trouble. We thought that possibly we got one of those easy natured babies that we have heard about. Well, Brooke "woke up" this week. She decided just laying around all day and night was no longer to her liking! The fussiness during the day, mostly is not too terrible, but the nights have been down right awful. I have had very little sleep which makes me less than pleasant during the day. I am hoping I can get Brooke more interested in sleeping and less interested in fussing and eating all night! Last night was a bit better than the previous nights, so maybe we are on the road to better nights.


Aubrey's birthday came at just the right time. She has been so occupied with all of her birthday gifts that I have been able to rest a little in the mornings! So, thanks again to everyone for the awesome gifts because they have saved me this week!

Aubrey was able to go by herself a little on her tricycle.

Getting daring on her slide.

Loves doing her own makeup!

Found her pile of birthday stickers and went to town.

Whenever Aubrey hears my blow dryer she comes running in with her hair bag and starts doing her hair too. It is very cute!

I love this little dress with headband that G & G Buell gave her.

Sitting pretty!

My girls bonding!

Aubrey likes to hold baby Brooke - but only for a few moments.

I love seeing Brooke all stretched out and comfy.

What a cute little munchkin. I had to take pics in this outfit, because I love it! Thanks Karen for sending it!

Daddy got the pool out this week and got it all cleaned out. Aubrey had fun in it twice this week. At first she was timid to sit down, because the water was cool . .

but once she was in for awhile, she finally sat down.

Then she had a blast making BIG splashes!

Sitting poolside chatting on the phone! (or pretending at least)

Loves PINK suckers!

Laying on mommies lap! She likes to remind me sometimes that she is still my "baby Aubrey"

Feeding the ducks at the botany pond. Most kids will haphazardly throw in their bread. Aubrey had very specific ducks that we had to aim for, and then if we missed, she would try to go in and get the bread out to try again. She is a character!

There were lots of baby ducklings.

Aubrey has made us many a meal this week in her kitchen. This morning she made me chocolate milk. She knows what mommy likes! As you can see, she is pressing the buttons on the microwave. One day, all day long, she would be playing somewhere in the house and then all of a sudden say, "cook more food." She'd run to her room and put something in her microwave and press the buttons. Then she would go back to whatever she was doing. A few minutes later she would say, "beep beep beep - food all done," run back to her room and get the dish out to feed us. It was so funny and cute!

As you can see, every dish has to be on the table! Most of the time, all of the food has to be on the floor as well. It definitely wasn't a tidy present we got her, but it is worth all of the entertainment she has had with it!

We've also had fun taking walks and meeting at the neighborhood park with Rachel & Zoe. Thanks Rachel for helping keep my mind of my sleep deprivation and commiserating with me!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh the joys. I had such a hard time with the babies at first. It is so hard to juggle the two kids and throw yourself in the mix and it just never seemed to work. It gets easier. They do grow up. But you have been mighty busy! Love seeing pictures of your girls. And I love that outfit too. I loved getting the itty bitty size. She is to tiny!!

Nelson Family said...

I can totally relate to the sleep deprivation.. And Im sure it's only worse with 2 kids!! Hang in there!!

Lyndee W. said...

I love the pic of Aubrey on your lap...so tender and sweet. I can't say I relate to sleep deprivation because Sean was an easy baby and with only him I get to sleep in waaaay more than I should...but, I can offer these words of comfort: When you feel like your day is totally crappy because you didn't get enough sleep and Brooke won't stop crying and Aubrey keeps saying, "Mom, Mom, Mom"...just remember how long you waited to hear that cry and those words and you will feel tears roll down your cheeks and realize all you want to do is cuddle and feed Brooke until she is pleasantly sleeping on your tummy and all you want to do is sit Indian-style on Aubrey's bedroom floor and play kitchen. You're a great Mom, Heather! You're an inspiration to me. I know that if takes as long for me I can be happy throughout it all and be JUST LIKE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers day, hang in there you have 2 darling little girls:)