Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bubble Whistle

Aubrey wanted to go on a walk this morning. I asked her if she wanted to go in the stroller and she said, "no, walk with feet." So I put Brooke in the Baby Bjorn and we set out. Aubrey wanted to bring her cute Dora Whistle that blows bubbles that she got from the Alabama Bagley clan. She was so cute stopping to blow bubbles the whole time and calling it her "bubble whistle". She would call the small bubbles "baby bubbles" and the larger ones "mommy or daddy bubbles". She has got such a cute imagination. Something about her blowing a whistle and talking to me as we walked - she just looked like such a big girl to me. It seems like yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital and now she is growing up so fast. I can't believe how the time flies.

Aubrey's pool sprung a leak last week, so we got her a new one. This one has a slide in it and Aubrey loves slides! When she saw it Tuesday morning she pointed out the slide and then said "open new pool". I told her that daddy would have to make it for her when he got home from work. Later in the afternoon, Aubrey wanted to go to the park. I needed to make a trip to the store when Jeff got home, so I told her that daddy would take her when he got home. When Jeff got home, Aubrey went to ask him to take her to the park, but saw her pool on the way. She remembered that I told her that daddy would make it for her. She said, "Daddy home work - fix zebra pool." Then I asked her if she wanted daddy to fix the pool or to take her to the park. She then said, "Daddy fix zebra pool FIRST." We both started laughing. Then we told her that daddy would fix the pool after she went to bed. The very next morning the first thing she said was, "Daddy fix zebra pool - Aubrey ni night?" That girl just has an incredible memory. Anyway, it was finally warm enough this afternoon to give the new pool a whirl. Aubrey had a blast and loved the slide! The zebra also sprays water - that part Aubrey did not love so much. She was brave enough to try going down the slide once with the water spraying - but then said, "Aubrey out now - cold". The water from the hose probably was pretty cold. We'll have to try it again when it is a really hot day.

There is something about sleeping with a baby that is just so cozy!

5 comments:

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

that pool is awesome! and i think i might need to find me some of those bubble whistles for the girls...

Anonymous said...

That has got to be the coolest kiddie pool I have ever seen!!! I can see why Aubrey would choose pool over park:)

Karen said...

such cute kids you have. i love sleeping babies. nothing sweeter than that. and jeff you comment cracked me up. yes it was a mistake. all of it!

Lyndee W. said...

That is a wicked cool kiddie pool!

Phil said...

I have no doubt that babies help (I've experienced it myself). But just so you know Jeff naps like that at work too.