Monday, May 25, 2009

Brooke's frst time at Church

We took Brooke to church for the first time yesterday. I decided that 2 kids equals double the trouble! We did alright - but man was I tired afterwards. I was trying to make it to Primary as well on Sunday since I have been an absentee President for the last 6 weeks. I only made it to part of Junior and part of Senior. But hey, at least I was there for part.


Brooke was not pleased at the beginning of Sacrament meeting. I had to hang out in the foyer for awhile to get her to sleep. I made it back in for the last talk and then she slept nicely for the rest of Sacrament and then for Sunday School with daddy. Aubrey though has regressed with Nursery these last few weeks. So, before Primary even begins I get a visit from a crying Aubrey. So, since I want to encourage nursery - I took her back and stayed for about 30 min. I finally was able to sneak out when she got involved in coloring her picture. I wasn't sure if she would stay when she realized I was gone - but she was fine the rest of nursery.


So, I went back to primary. I was there for the last bit of junior and a small part of senior primary when a hungry Brooke came for a visit. Once I was done nursing Brooke - church was just about over. I am not sure how I am going to be able to do Sharing Time or Conduct with my two monkeys. Hopefully, we will adjust better soon and I can participate more in Primary.

Brooke in her church attire. One of my favs of all the baby clothes. Aunt Katie & Uncle Elliot gave it to Aubrey and I am glad we have another little munchkin to wear it.

I really wanted to get a picture of my two cuties together since I thought their dresses coordinated nicely (unintentionally). But, Brooke would have none of that. Aubrey also got quite nervous with Brooke crying on her lap.

Getting all dressed up and looking pretty must be hard work for a little one - cause she slept so peacefully in her bouncy chair for several hours after church!

After Aubrey's nap yesterday she just wanted to sit on my lap in the rocking chair and hug me. I love it when she is in that kind of mood. So I asked her what the lesson was about in nursery. (I actually knew what they had talked about - since I was in there for the lesson.) To my amazement she responded, "share". Which was exactly what the lesson was about. So, when she said the dinner prayer I had her ask "please help me to share." Anyway, all morning she has been bringing me toys and saying, "share with mommy". So cute. So all you nursery teachers out there - even these little 2 year olds are listening, so keep up the good work! I think I might ask every week what the lesson topic was- so we can talk about it at home.

Brooke only woke up once last night! I thought this day would never come!! It was so nice!

I believe that Brooke has gotten Acid Reflux. Bummer. Aubrey, had it, so I know what it is like. Brooke has begun getting really upset this weekend when she eats and has been clearing her throat and crying after as well. Poor thing. I did find some tips online last night that can help - since we can't take her to the dr. until tomorrow. I think the tips really helped and that is why she slept so well last night. I was hoping that we can just follow the tips and maybe wouldn't have to medicate her. But, this morning she had trouble nursing again and seemed really uncomfortable. So, I think we'll have to do the prevacid again. Hopefully though that will help her become more content. She has become more and more colicky the last few weeks - so maybe acid reflux has been the culprit. Hopefully we can get her out of pain and she'll be a much happier baby!

1 comment:

Angelina Christina said...

Heather, my sister-in-law(who is a nurse) said her twins had colic & acid reflux really bad and she tried acidopholis (sp) and it worked wonders over-night. Also cranialsacrum helps!