Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More Fun with Grandma & Grandpa & Tanner's

Isn't this just the cutest picture of Grandma and my girls?!



Brooke got her first bottle on Tuesday. She took it very easily. Now I know that I have the option of pumping so I can be gone for more than 2 hours at a time!

My cutie pie hugging her new bunny blankie.

On Tuesday we went to a BBQ at Stan & Carolyn Tanner's. The food was delicious and the company was great.

Aubrey was excited to get to see her cousins again.

She also loved the little playhouse in the backyard.

The water fountain was a blast too!


Brookie gave hugs to everyone who wanted some, and then fell asleep on Mommy.

Brooke is certainly going to miss all of the attention that she got from Grandma and Grandpa.


On Wednesday we had the Tanner's over for a BBQ.

Once again Aubrey was thrilled to see her people. When she heard them knock at the door - she came running out of her room exclaiming "COUSINS!"


Thursday morning Aubrey wanted to hold Brooke. She then began to show her all of her animal friends. Then she asked Daddy to hand her a story - and she read it to Brooke. Such a sweet sister moment.

Grandpa was real concerned about Brooke getting cold - so he put one bunny blankie on her head and one on her legs. I got a good chuckle out of that!

On Thursday Jeff had taken his parents out for some shopping. I was getting Aubrey ready for bed and Brooke was sleeping in her bouncy. I heard Brooke start to cry as I was putting a diaper on Aubrey. I had to go grab Aubrey's jammies - so I asked Aubrey to run in and talk to Brooke and I'd meet her there in a second. (Brooke will cheer right up most of the time if one of us will go in and talk to her.) When I got in the room a moment later I saw that Aubrey had put Brooke's new doll in her arm. Brooke was hugging it and was happy as could be. It was so cute!

On Friday we went to the Paleontology and Bean Museum at BYU. Aubrey was quite afraid of the dinosaurs. She did like the above mural though.

I had to get a picture of Aubrey with the Jaguar. She has a story with many exotic animals. Every time we read it - she will point at the Jaguar and ask what it's name is. So, she was excited to see one at the museum.

Grandpa was always checking on Brooke to make sure she was OK.

Brooke saying Goodbye to Grandpa & Grandma on Friday morning.

I didn't get any pictures of Aubrey saying Goodbye - cause she drove with Daddy to Salt Lake to drop them off and said Goodbye there.

We had such a fun visit with Grandma & Grandpa Buell - and the Tanner's too. Friday night I told Aubrey that Grandma & pa were leaving the next day and said, "Isn't that sad?" Aubrey responded with, "Yeah, Aubrey cry." She had a lot of fun with them. Hopefully we will all get to visit again soon. We love you and miss you already G & G Buell!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't grandparents wonderful? Looks like your girls had such a great time with them. So fun!

Karen said...

Love seeing all the fun times you have had. I love Brookes blessing pictures. She looked so cute. Hope you are enjoying your summer.