Sunday, July 26, 2009

More of the Same

Yes, I know that I take a million pictures - and some of seemingly random things. But, I am glad that I do. When I transferred the pics. from my camera to my computer a few moments ago I was reminded of some of the funny things Aubrey did this week that made me smile! Plus, I am hoping to turn this into a journal for our family - and lets face it, books with pictures are just so much better!

So here's the photo journal of our last couple of days:

Thursday morning Aubrey was playing hide and seek with her animals. It was so funny. She would hide her animals behind one of her two hiding spots (the rocking chair and the big chair in the front room). Then she would run into the hall and count very loudly to 10 (which she did perfectly almost every time.) Then she would run back to the hiding spot and yell "I found you!" while giggling. Oh that girl certainly keeps me entertained. Jeff thought I should have moved her animals while she was off counting and really confuse her. What a funny daddy.



What a cute wink! Brooke has moved onto 3-6 month clothes. I had a fun time getting out the new size and remembering some of my favorite outfits! The above is one of them.

Thursday morning I put rollers in my hair - since I was actually going on a date that night and wanted my hair looking half way decent. I haven't put rollers in my hair for a while and Aubrey was quite fascinated by it. After I told her that they were called rollers she started pulling pretend rollers out of her fingers and putting them in hers and Brooke's hair. Then I remembered that she had a few of her own rollers in her toy hair kit. I put those in her hair and she was just thrilled! It was functional too. We were getting her pictures done that afternoon and one of her ponytails had a long straight part that didn't look that great. The roller curled it right up!

Brooke started liking her swing this week! I am so happy about it. Aubrey didn't like it much and Brooke hasn't up until now. I am so glad because I feel like in the swing she is harder for Aubrey to get at - so I feel she is much safer in it!

Aubrey thought Brooke ought to use her cell phone also. She dialed a number - held it up to Brooke's ear and then said, "Hi Aunt Summer. This is Brooke calling from the bouncy chair. Bye Bye."

Here are the pretty flowers Jeff got me for our Anniversary. We went to dinner and a movie for our date. That may not sound too exciting - but it certainly was nice getting to eat a meal without holding a baby or getting up every few minutes to get something for Aubrey. We saw "The Proposal" and liked it pretty well. We weren't too fond of the very long almost nude scene of Sandra Bullock. I couldn't believe how long that scene was. But, we liked the story line and thought it was pretty funny.

We didn't do much celebrating on the 24th. Jeff was happy to have the day off and just wanted to hang at home. He did a little yard work in the morning while I played with the girls and visited with Aunt Summer. Then in the afternoon Jeff watched Brooke while Aubrey and I went swimming. It was a lot of fun having some alone time with Aubrey. She's been pretty moody lately - so I think she needed some positive mommy attention. She wanted to go on the big water slide over and over again. We did it like 10 times. It was a major work out. We also had fun swimming in the big pool. We can't do that when Brooke is with us - because she is in the wrap and would get submerged in the water. I may bring the float next time and see if we can manage the big pool - but I am not sure her neck is steady enough. Anyway, it was a lot of fun!

This is what happens when daddy is watching the baby. It's pretty much breaking all of the SIDS prevention rules! Luckily Brooke can't roll yet and Jeff was in bed with her much of the time. She did look pretty darn cute and very small in the huge king size bed. She slept so well in it also. I had to go wake her after several hours to nurse her. Don't get used to it Brooke - you won't be taking over our bed anytime soon!

Aubrey is still "making parties" on a daily basis. This is one of the ones she made yesterday and then asked me to take a picture of it. I am glad she likes the camera in her face all of the time!

We went for a walk yesterday and I took Brooke in the wrap. We walked past a mirror and I thought Brooke looked so darling hanging on me with her little hat. Jeff wasn't home and so I tried to take a picture myself. Not an easy task - so she doesn't look near as cute as she did in real life!



Just some cute shots of Brooke in another of the cute outfits I was excited to rediscover in the 3-6 month bin.


Our beautiful lush garden - thanks to Jeff. I am sad that the peas are done - but am looking forward to the many tomatoes that will be ripe soon.

We got out the Bumbo - since Brooke should be sturdy enough to use it soon. I thought that she looked so darling in it!
Of course, as soon as I took Brooke out of it - this is what Aubrey did to it! She certainly loves having all of the baby stuff out. More things to do with her stuffed animals!

2 comments:

Nelson Family said...

Such cute pictures!! Your garden makes me hungry just looking at it!!

John and Ann Tolman said...

Impressive garden Jeff!!! Your little girls are soooo cute!