Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Little Singing Machine

This last week, Aubrey has really gotten into singing. I think she's had lyrics to songs just mulling around in her head - because they all came out last week. She sang several songs word for word and surprised us all. I got a couple of videos of it.

The video below is Aubrey's rendition of the Monkey's jumping on the bed. She is singing about Stork's jumping on the floor.

Aubrey's Lyrics

One little stork jumping on the floor. One stork fell off and bumped his head. Mommy called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more storks jumping on the floor!"

The other night she was laying in bed singing about monkeys & lambs & puppies jumping on the bed. It was funny hearing her - and eventually she sang herself to sleep!

The below one is of Aubrey singing, "Ring Around the Rosies." This one she learned from Nursery because I can't remember the last time I did it with her. She also learned one about a Bear hunt from nursery that she's been singing. Sometimes she's on a bear hunt sometimes a lion hunt and sometimes a sippy cup hunt!

Last Saturday night Aubrey said her first prayer entirely on her own! She has been doing most of it on her own for the last month - but usually will look to me halfway through to fill some in. But, Saturday she did it all. She started with "Heavenly Father thank you" and thanked him for all of her family name by name. Then she started thanking him for her toys and animals. Then she blessed all of her family (name by name) that they would sleep well. Then she closed "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." It was so sweet! I wish I could video tape that - but I don't think that would be very reverent.

Brooke has started batting at toys this last week. Since I had the video camera out, I thought I'd get a video of her too. I was trying to see if I could get her to smile or giggle for the camera - but it wasn't an easy task to video and also tickle her. I'll have to enlist Jeff's help for that later!

Last week I stuck my tongue out at Brooke. Immediately she started rolling her tongue around in her mouth. I knew she was trying to stick hers out too to mimic me. So I kept sticking mine out. After a bit - Brooke got her tongue out. I then excitedly said, "Brooke you did it." She got the biggest smile and then started to giggle. It was so much fun getting to interact with her!

Brooke also loves the butterfly mobile in the crib. A few weeks back I put her in the crib and started the mobile. She started smiling and giggling. Yesterday I put Brooke in the crib and turned on the mobile while I was getting Aubrey down for her nap. After I got Aubrey down I went and checked on Brooke and she was just staring at the mobile and was happy as could be. So, I started on a project. 15 min. later I went and checked on her - she was still wide awake and staring at the mobile. I went back to working and then checked on her in another 15 min. - she was then fast asleep. It is so AWESOME having a baby that will be content with sitting around and will fall asleep on her own! This is a whole new experience for me cause Aubrey was not ever content on her own. I am certainly grateful for my Brookie's sweet and content disposition! And I am grateful too for my Aubrey's spirited and spunky disposition! I am certainly glad that I got spunky first though

Having a 2 year old gives you a new view on what you say and do. Yesterday, Aubrey saw that Brooke had some bubbles in her mouth. She said, "Brooke has bubbles in her mouth." And then picked up the top part of her shirt and wiped off her mouth. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen! She was acting out what she saw mommy and daddy do. Also, yesterday whenever Aubrey couldn't get at something she wanted or something fell down, she would say, "That's not very nice." Apparently I must say that a lot. Today whenever Brooke would start crying Aubrey would say, "Just a minute Brooke - I'll be right there." That totally cracked me up - because I know that I say that A LOT! I love watching Aubrey say and do the things I do!

You see that bear - that means Aubrey's been there!

Aubrey's been there a couple more times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the singing by Aubrey! Molly has really been into singing the last few weeks, also, and it's been the funnest thing ever! It's been amazing to me how well she knows songs. I do get a little confused when she asks for the "poop" song, though...(don't know that one.)

Summer Carlile said...

So cute, that is great that Aubrey can pray on her own I say she says the next prayer for one of our family dinners.

Lyndee W. said...

The second to last pic of Brooke is absolutely adorable!

Angelina Christina said...

That Aubrey of yours is so DARN ADORABLE!! Everything you write about her totally cracks me up! I can't wait to meet her! And Brooke, yes you can tell just from the pictures is a sweetheart. Don't you love how great older siblings can be with a new baby?
I just wanted to tell you that I think you are an incredible mom. I have always admired you. And as a kid I use to wish that I had an older sister just like you. Thanks for letting me glimpse into your life through your blog.