Monday, July 13, 2009

Oquirrh Temple & Birthday Party

On Monday we met up with the Tanner's at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. I was excited to take Aubrey to the temple since she has been very interested in Temples lately. It was very nice. I don't know if we picked an unusually busy day, but it was wall to wall people. I had wished it wasn't so crowded - but glad that so many people wanted to be at the temple.

Aubrey enjoyed spending time with her cousins. I wished I could take pictures in the temple because she looked so cute in between cousins holding their hands and being held by her big boy cousins. She sure does love her "people"!

Playing horsey ride with Grandpa as we got ready to go to the Temple.

Having fun with Mark.

Hugs with Laura

My pretty little girl.

Before we left for home, I needed to nurse Brooke. There wasn't any private place for me to do so, so Tammy and the girls made a human shield. Jeff thought it looked so funny, that he had to snap a pic.


Since we knew that Grandpa & Grandma Buell were coming we had saved up their Mother's Day, Father's Day and Grandma's birthday present to give to them when they came. When we were shopping for Grandma's present, Aubrey said, "Grandma open present at Grandma's party!" So we decided to have a little party for them Monday night. I did a little decorating while Grandpa was napping and Grandma was out shopping. Then we had dinner, presents and cake and ice cream. Thanks Aubrey for the good idea to throw a party!

Aubrey very much enjoyed helping open all the presents.

Grandma shared a piece of her chocolate with Aubrey. I love the cute Dora outfit that Grandma brought for Aubrey.

Before bed Grandma & Grandpa read Aubrey her bedtime stories. It was so cute. Grandpa would read one page and then Grandma would read the next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the human shield idea;-)

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

ditto on the human shield! that's awesome!